The movie could have been even better (article)

beaker

Reaction score
It's not the people wanting a longer cut that's the problem. I'm sure everyone would have loved seeing a few more minutes here and there... it's those multiplex conglomerates who want to shove in as many multiple showings of something as possible that the studios feel they have to cater to. I once heard that someone made them cut 7 seconds out of Nightmare Before Christmas for no dang reason. The Shadow Oogie Boogie thing that was supposed to be in the middle of the song.

My sister told me that there's a huge cut out of Suckerpunch that makes more sense on the blu ray (I HATE that they only put features on those stupid things). I'm not exactly sure what it is.
They made him cut Suckerpunch to a pg-13, read that somewhere about Snyder. When you see it, it feels like an R rated film...at at least a hard PG-13...i think it woulda made just as much or more as a rated R film. I HAAAAAATE when films that should be rated R get neutered to be pg-13.

beaker

Reaction score
One thing I wonder: With the Muppets needing the money by a certain time, wouldn't they actually need to have all of the money handy by the end of the telethon? If people called and pledged money, wouldn't it take awhile to actually get the money to the theater?

And I wonder what they did with all the money they made when they didn't reach the amount needed. Did the Muppets split it amongst themselves? Did they donate all the money to charity? Did the network keep the money?
Like the travel by map gag, or walter leaving an outline of himself in the wall, sometimes I realize(least for myself) its best not to ponder these sort of things regarding the Muppets:smile:

Avilos

Reaction score
Exactly right !

For one thing the "Rich and Famous Contract" has no legal plausibility! Never did even in the first film. Which was the whole point, a romanticized version of the real Hollywood system.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For one thing the "Rich and Famous Contract" has no legal plausibility! Never did even in the first film. Which was the whole point, a romanticized version of the real Hollywood system.
Right I mean that's the joke in The Muppet Movie, the idea that there could be a "Standard" Rich and Famous Contract. LOL

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
its best not to question movie logic...it just ends up in a circling headache

Drtooth

Reaction score
They made him cut Suckerpunch to a pg-13, read that somewhere about Snyder. When you see it, it feels like an R rated film...at at least a hard PG-13...i think it woulda made just as much or more as a rated R film. I HAAAAAATE when films that should be rated R get neutered to be pg-13.
The ratings system drives me nuts like that. R movies have to be made PG-13 for no reason... PG movies are just souped up G movies. I remember when you could cuss in PG movies. Like the first TMNT movie you had an understandable amount of violence and Raph dropping the "D" bomb several times in the beginning of the film.... much as I loved the CGI one, it felt really toned down from that.

The edits in this movie, while my only problem, don't drive me half as nuts as what MFS was supposed to be like or even the Snoop Dogg cameo in VMX (only because of the Electric Mayhem). Hopefully some will be reinstated into the film on DVD.

beaker

Reaction score
The ratings system drives me nuts like that. R movies have to be made PG-13 for no reason... PG movies are just souped up G movies. I remember when you could cuss in PG movies. Like the first TMNT movie you had an understandable amount of violence and Raph dropping the "D" bomb several times in the beginning of the film.... much as I loved the CGI one, it felt really toned down from that.

The edits in this movie, while my only problem, don't drive me half as nuts as what MFS was supposed to be like or even the Snoop Dogg cameo in VMX (only because of the Electric Mayhem). Hopefully some will be reinstated into the film on DVD.
I swear we'll be on here in the year 2012 and you'll still be mentioning how bad Oz is, the problems with the MFS pre production, Weinsteins and Fraggles, and the Snoop edit on VMX:smile: (i kid! I have my things I harp on) Maybe by 2012 Diz will release Season 4 and 5? :smile: The tv movie edits dont bother me, as thats where you TRULY are pressed for every second. Notice seinfeld and other 90s shows had 23 minute run times of actual shows. Now? Big bang clocks in at maybe 19 min in the torrents i download.

A movie should have PLENTY of time to breathe, and the more I see the new film the more I realize its plagued with a number of issues

Duke Remington

Reaction score
A movie should have PLENTY of time to breathe, and the more I see the new film the more I realize its plagued with a number of issues
I understand how you feel (I, too, hope that the movie will be released on DVD as an Extended Edition), but I don't think hating on the new movie is a good idea right now.

It's doing very well (both critically and finacially) and we should be very happy about it instead of picking it apart.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I understand how you feel (I, too, hope that the movie will be released on DVD as an Extended Edition), but I don't think hating on the new movie is a good idea right now.

It's doing very well (both critically and finacially) and we should be very happy about it instead of picking it apart.
Intelligently pointing out ways to improve a film is not "hating on it" nor does it hurt the movie itself. :smile: