How well does the new movie have to do?

beaker

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread: don't panic!

Looking to where things are going now, "Muppets" should skyrocket with today's figures, and over the weekend accumulate around 45 to 50 million. Even adjusting for inflation, that will be the highest opening weekend gross for a Muppet movie... ever.

CinemaScore has Muppets having the highest score of the weekend at a solid "A" (which is the average of select surveys they take after screenings across the country), which means word of mouth should be excellent. Internet word of mouth is already booming, in other words, the film should have amazing legs. Hopefully it will turn that 50 million into 100+ within a few weeks time. If the movie reaches over 130 million, Disney will greenlight a sequel within a matter of days. And prospects? Looking good.
So much emphasis is placed on opening BO. But we've seen cases of films becoming #1 only in their second or third week. Or never being even in the top 5, but going on to cross over 100 million as a sleeper hit, like Midnight In Paris.

Ive rarely seen a "family/kids" type movie reviewed with this much acclaim. It's insane. Im hoping we get a special next year on tv, and a new film in 2014.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
It's projected to bring in about 40 million by the end of the weekend.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think it is doing pretty good box office wise. It has already surpassed the last film in box office and is doing quite well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it is doing pretty good box office wise. It has already surpassed the last film in box office and is doing quite well.

The last film in total box office or its first week?

Aidk321

Reaction score
42,000,000 day 5. They are going to make the budget and then a lot more at this rate.