eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

j3h

Reaction score
Hi gang,
I was at SDCC this year and asked efx about the Muppets...Note, They did not have any on display.

The unfortunate answer is "they are fully on the back burner and not going to happen anytime soon." they stated that could not find a factory that could do the work and the restrictions placed on them by Disney (for both product and Factory choice) makes it next to impossible to get them done. They are very much aware that it's an unfortunate situation due to it being a movie year, but there is nothing they can do about it.

I honestly got the feeling that these will never happen and they know it and have pretty much given up. I did find it interesting that Disney has say in factory choice...not surprising though with disney's product standards and ethics standards. It could mean that there is a factory somewhere that could make the replicas exactly the way all want them, but they use questionable labor practices which Disney objects to (as they have all right to do)

muppetguy

Reaction score
Ok, I know there really is no news at all about the posers and most think that they're production days are over..well, have been over for quite some time now, but do you think things will change with the new movie?

I mean Disney is marketing the Muppets like crazy, would it be a smaller possibility to have these posers see the light of day? I'd really love for this to happen.

Any thoughts, or am I just doing the hopeful dreamy thing?

muppetguy

Reaction score
Well, I hope we'd get Piggy and Fozzie before Walter, no offense to Walter.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
well yea lol but maybe after and pepe scooter and rowlf walter those are the ones i want

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i hope posers do come out cause of the film but i'm not putting my hopes up maybe disney should try a different company to make the posers one who will update us on it regularly and get them out quick i really want that photo puppet rizzo they keep showing us

j3h

Reaction score
Efx is very aware of the movie's release and the missed opportunity by not being able to have product out corresponding with it...but "it's out of their hands". They can not make the posers if they can not find a Disney Approved overseas factory that can do Disney & EFX approved quality.
And from conversations at SDCC, it sounds like they are no longer looking.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
We can ALL dream......I just want another some kind of Muppet. I am really am not going to be picky. Anything would be better than nothing at all.