Jim Shore's Muppet Tradition Statues

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You know, it's a different view from my original post but that was more than a year ago, but honestly, I don't know, I don't find those that impressive. I mean nothing against Jim Shore and all, but they're just not doing much for me.

They even do have them on the "Disney Movie Rewards" website now for like 2000 points (that's about 20 DVDs give or take), and I told myself as soon as they put Muppet stuff there, I'm getting it. I did for the Muppets movie poster, but I'm holding on to the rest of my points. I don't know just my own personal taste I guess, they're just not doing much for me.

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
They even do have them on the "Disney Movie Rewards" website now for like 2000 points (that's about 20 DVDs give or take), and I told myself as soon as they put Muppet stuff there, I'm getting it. I did for the Muppets movie poster, but I'm holding on to the rest of my points. I don't know just my own personal taste I guess, they're just not doing much for me.
Exact same situation, except I haven't gotten the poster. lol. Is it fairly large, btw? Anyway, I have enough for one statue and a little bit more (~800). I may wait on a statue...

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Exact same situation, except I haven't gotten the poster. lol. Is it fairly large, btw? Anyway, I have enough for one statue and a little bit more (~800). I may wait on a statue...
It's an official flim poster and all flim posters are suppose to be 27x40, which this the Muppets movie poster indeed is.

They also have a Kermit beanie, which is kind of cool, but I'm still going to hold out.

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
im debating the beanie, its cute and a site exclusive, but I wonder if it will ever actually get worn. I picked up the animal statue, ive seen the other 2 offered in person and they arent very, um, accurate looking.

muppetperson

Reaction score
My Gonzo and Camilla and Kermit and Miss Piggy bookends have just arrived.This time, they are like the prototypes and kermit has his engraved markings on his collar and chest.Again,Gonzo and Camilla arent to scale.Camilla is nearly as big as Statler or Waldorf!Overall, not bad.Gonzo is best viewed from the side, otherwise his eye pupil placement looks wierd!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Got Fozzie as an aniverery gift from wife...the box says "wakkah Wakkah" as the name which I though odd

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i actually saw these in person recently...they arnt to bad...space takers but decent

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I've had my eye on the Kermit statue. According to the Disney online store it's sold out. I think they have the best deals on it on eBay, so I'll try there when I get the money. I want to get 1 piece of high-end Muppets merchandise (statues, busts, original art, rare ornaments, etc.), but I can't make up my mind between the Jim Shore Kermit statue or the Palisades Scooter bust.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Those Gentle Giants (is that right?) busts are AWESOME!!! I've only got Rowlf and Kermit, but they are very high quality.

I would love to get the Kermit Jim Shore bookend, but I know I won't find anyone just selling him, lol. His Animal sculpt isn't too bad, but I still don't see myself purchasing any of these, sadly!

SamtheEagleFan

Reaction score
I got to meet Jim Shore in person. His home is about a 90 minute drive from where I live. I asked him to do a Sam the Eagle figurine since Sam is my favorite Muppet. I have only ONE figurine of Sam and that is him on a motorcycle. You guys are forgetting that Disney OWNS the Muppet characters just like they own the Marvel comic characters.