Lanford

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Really nerdy/obscure question here, but I was working on a fraggle fic and was trying to write a scene where Mokey fed Lanford and something popped into my mind: Exactly what would a creature like that eat? I know he's a plant, but I can't imagine that he could subside on just water. Did they ever show him eating in any of the episodes (I think he ate soap or something in Wonder Mountain) or does anybody have any creative suggestions? Bugs? Other, smaller plants? I'm perplexed here.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Lanford is sessile, but he has a long enough stalk to give him some reach. And he certainly is well equipped to bite and capable of swallowing, showing that he does eat. It would make no sense for him to eat other plants, as he'd soon clear the area around himself and then starve. I'd guess night-blooming deathworts stay still, looking like unassuming buds, until something edible wanders into range, then strike like a snake.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That makes sense. I could see those plants doing a sort of Venus flytrap routine when they're out in the wild. Guess Mokey'll have to find Lanford some poor thimble bugs for his breakfast then.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Lanford would eat whatever he wants. Hey can anyone see Lanford sining "FEED ME"from Little Shop of Horrors? I sure can!
I've always thought of Audrey II when I see Lanford. :dreamy:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
You really don't want to mess around with him!
No way! It's all fun musical numbers until somebody gets eaten!
I've always thought of Audrey II when I see Lanford. :dreamy:
It would be hard for the Fraggles to resist Audrey Two as they love music, but Boober would probably rescue them believing everything to be too good to be true!

bandit

Reaction score
lol Lanford does eat. He had 'yummy yummy' which is....Well who knows what! but it's what Gobo called it in the episode 'Wonder Mountain.' Some kind of mushy stuff for plants, I'm assuming. Anyway, he seemed to hate it. He ate the soap instead.

THAT wasn't his most brilliant moment. But anyway, this fic has probably loonnnnnggg since been written. I just had to chime in.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
lol Lanford does eat. He had 'yummy yummy' which is....Well who knows what! but it's what Gobo called it in the episode 'Wonder Mountain.' Some kind of mushy stuff for plants, I'm assuming. Anyway, he seemed to hate it. He ate the soap instead.

THAT wasn't his most brilliant moment. But anyway, this fic has probably loonnnnnggg since been written. I just had to chime in.
My favorite moments are when Mokey fusses over him only to have him give Red and the others a hard time!

bandit

Reaction score
Haha! He is so like a pet. My best friend's bird and I share a similar relationship. I can't even say his name without him flaring his wings and barring his beak...but with HER...its all kisses and head rubs. Uncanny. Difference is everybody hates her bird and she is fully aware of his attitude towards others.
Lanford must be part cockatiel.