The Muppets Movie Reviews

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i love how its beating puss in boots cause they pushed there realease date to be before the muppets lol

beaker

Reaction score
Not going to hang around the threads too much as it doesnt come out till FEBRUARY here (and we'll see if i can last that long before either getting on a plane or just watching a dvd copy) but wanted to say hope everyone has a great time seeing the film and im glad to see so much positive comments for it. It looks like Disney pretty much nailed this right from every angle, i have no doubt at all we are looking at another film soon or a revamp of TMS
I keep forgetting you guys dont get it for awhile. Id say you could probably get a screener since youre in the 'biz', tho you really got to lose your virginity in the theater. My experience was slightly ruined by a screaming kid running around the whole time, so im all the more eager to see it again soon.

I plan on seeing it a few times, downloading the torrent to fine tooth comb it for easter eggs and screenshots, preordering the dvd and probably even catching it again when it hits cheap theaters.

beaker

Reaction score
EW said

But they've certainly been lying low while our twitchy, tweet-y times have favored snarkier, more air-quote-driven entertainment, even from puppets. And in a way, that showbiz hiatus has worked in favor of The Muppets. For adults, the movie's gentle, clever, unironic humor feels freshly, trendily retro now, enhanced by laughs provided in cameos from a very up-to-date roster of stars
BRILLIANT. I *loatttthe*, HATE this modern period of remix-remashed-rebooted dubstepped celeb worship twitter internet meme ADHD twitchy instant-everything smart phone cynical blah. Hate it. So the fact the Muppets makes fun of this and shows what the world has been missing...so spot on

Jeremy St Clair

Reaction score
i want to see the movie but she is seeing it with girl cousins i cant go. i may have to wait till dvd cause im not sure if i can find someone to see it is it okay to wait till its on dvd

Luke

Reaction score
I keep forgetting you guys dont get it for awhile. Id say you could probably get a screener since youre in the 'biz', tho you really got to lose your virginity in the theater. My experience was slightly ruined by a screaming kid running around the whole time, so im all the more eager to see it again soon.

I plan on seeing it a few times, downloading the torrent to fine tooth comb it for easter eggs and screenshots, preordering the dvd and probably even catching it again when it hits cheap theaters.
Yeah gotta see this in the theater. Currently resisting the urge to jump on plane lol

I need to see this in a big theater too, none of those industry screenings that take place in a theater the size of a matchbox lol

Drtooth

Reaction score
As long as they beat out "Jack and Jill" I think I'll be happy. :stick_out_tongue:
Hack and Swill is long out of the running. It's destined to be the WORST reviewed film of the year. Adam Sandler's sophomoric comedies had a place in the 90's, but they're no longer funny or enjoyable. From what I read, all the characters are instantly unlikable and the fact it even had one decent weekend is a shock. PG rating or not, I wouldn't take my hypothetical kids to see that filth.

I just want it to beat out the completely plastic kiddy flicks that you can see any time of the year. Especially the Christmas one... I kinda seem to have a vendetta against it, but that's ONLY because I feel no one should ever make a Christmas special or movie again. They clearly lost the means how, and just keep ripping each other off. The last good one, Prep and Landing, seems to be completely pilfered here.