Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
It definitely was THE best Post-Henson Muppet project there is. See? All it took was some new blood.
Was there even a cameo of Clifford, or did Clash LIE TO US? If he's in the movie, he's in the deleted scenes, at least.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
We got to see it this morning (first showing and they made me wait until 11:10!). I can't add much more to what has already been said, but I genuinely loved it! As good as MM, GMC, MTM? Not quite but definitely thoroughly entertaining. The best part (and this has been said before) is that this movie is for the FANS - that's us!

I have to agree about some of the editing - so odd. Why oh why can't movies be 3 hours long??! Those edits better end up on the DVD is all I gotta say... are you listening Disney?!

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I just got back from the movies and I must say, I absolutely loved it!

Kermit/Piggy is probably what made me love it so much! The confrontational moment in Paris between the 2, Piggy coming back, Piggy taking charge of the troops if you will when Kermit is down, and then their kiss <3 I wish their kiss would have been longer as well, but, I feel that since they were doing a number they were being professional <3

Their relationship is just so real, and its not perfect, never was, but they're making it work because they love each, truly, madly and deeply! <333

Now, I was prepared to hate Walter, I mean, I didn't think he was cute, I thought his voice was annoying, but, I have to say, I've got a soft spot for the little guy now :smile: He's so dorky in this cute lovable way and he was easy to relate to (which surprised me most of all). I really like Walter :smile:!

And I don't know about anyone else, but, I loved the 80s montage moments and I especially loved the Muppets cleaning up the theater to 'We Built This City'

Overall, I absolutely positively loved it! I laughed, I cried, smiled at references scattered through out and then I cried out of sheer joy and happiness!

Love led Kermit and Piggy right back to where they belong: Side by side and together again <3 (yes, that is a chunk of references)

And I must say, I just wanted to hug Scooter in his little tuxedo ^^ He looked so handsome (and cuddly :wink:)

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
I've already seen it twice haha...It was a lovely, and awesome movie. I enjoyed most of the songs, and I ADORE Walter. He is a good addition. I loved how Scooter had more of a role. I also loved references to other muppet movies. Overall it was a GREAT movie! :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I complied my thoughts (most of them anyway) into this Tumblr post. To sum it, it was funny, had great songs, it was great to see all these characters return, but it was kinda too fast-paced and the ending was cut short.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I saw it at midnight, saw it at a matinee showing, and I'll probably see it a couple more times before it comes out on DVD. It's just that good!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I saw it at midnight, saw it at a matinee showing, and I'll probably see it a couple more times before it comes out on DVD. It's just that good!
I saw it last Thursday before it came out and I loved it so much that i just had to see it again. So I had to wait until the 23rd (that's today) to see it.
I saw it a second time and just loved it all over again.
I'll probably see it again soon for a third time.
I can't wait till it comes out on DVD!!!

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
I'm going to sum up my thoughts in 4 words...

OH. MY. FREAKING. GOODNESS!!!

I totally cried... CRIED... when they recreated their classic TMS theme and loved the Mahna Mahna at the end with the cameos. My only complaint was that out of all of the cameos that were supposedly filmed, we only got a few... they were great (especially the one during "Man or Muppet") but I had expected more since there was reportedly more... other than that... GO SEE THIS MOVIE... NOW!!!

"Mama, I wanna see Breaking Dawn not some stupid Muppet movie!"
"You're gonna watch this movie and LIKE IT!!"

AFTER:
"(crying) I love you so much, Mama... Thank you!!"
"I know, baby... I KNOW."

^^ It's THAT life CHANGING!!! (And yes, that WAS a true story based on what I heard from this mother-daughter group at my theater.)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm going to sum up my thoughts in 4 words...

OH. MY. FREAKING. GOODNESS!!!

I totally cried... CRIED... when they recreated their classic TMS theme and loved the Mahna Mahna at the end with the cameos. My only complaint was that out of all of the cameos that were supposedly filmed, we only got a few... they were great (especially the one during "Man or Muppet") but I had expected more since there was reportedly more... other than that... GO SEE THIS MOVIE... NOW!!!

"Mama, I wanna see Breaking Dawn not some stupid Muppet movie!"
"You're gonna watch this movie and LIKE IT!!"

AFTER:
"(crying) I love you so much, Mama... Thank you!!"
"I know, baby... I KNOW."

^^ It's THAT life CHANGING!!! (And yes, that WAS a true story based on what I heard from this mother-daughter group at my theater.)
Who was that cameo who played the human version of Walter?