Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
i know so i heard that they do save the theater is that true
YOU DIDN'T SEE IT? OH NO!! i THOUGHT YOU SAW IT!!
I won't give any spoilers, you won't believe how the theater is saved, it's just a big surprise. You will not expect that coming.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
o nice how was the theme song recreation
I actually loved it a lot. I felt like I was watching an episode of The Muppet Show on the big screen. Also at the beginning they show some classic moments from the Muppet Show. Also make sure you're there for the Toy Story short, it's not as good as Haiiwaiin Vacation, but it's definatley worth a look.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
o ok lol got to go to the theater have a big and long review later

Drtooth

Reaction score
Words completely and utterly escape me. While I think we have to wait to hear about box office to really say the Muppets are back commercially, they're freakin' back spiritually BAYBEEEEE! No more depressed Gonzo from MFS and LTS... he's back with Camilla and doing crazy stunts... the way Gonzo was meant to be! The Piggy/Kermit relationship is back to being complex and loving instead of fat joke/Hiya... And Link Hogthrob is all over the movie, though he doesn't have any non-singing lines. My only problem is that they had to cut stuff out! Hopefully the DVD will see an extended edition.

Walter was completely lovable and accident prone. Perfectly Muppet. The humans, while they do set about the action and have a subplot, don't take away from the Muppets (at least in an MCC MTI sort of way)... and their romantic subplot was completely organic and not forced...Uncle Deadly breaking free of Tex Richman because he's a Muppet at heart had a real soul to it...

Even the depressed, almost hopeless Kermit was true and very deep. I don't see where this "disrespect" for the characters comes from. Wasn't Kermit like that in the desert in the first movie? The fact that he's been away from his friends, faded away as a celebrity, and has been away from the pig he loved for so long, made him lose his self confidence, and Walter beautifully lit a fire under him, bringing him back to the dreaming amphibian we all love. Unlike the Kermit that just smiled and joked away all through MFS.

The fact they even address Kermit having problems with Piggy being overly dramatic in the relationship and saying that it causes him to do things that hurt her (which he doesn't like at all) explains what I've been saying for years. Again, no pig joke/Hiyaaah. A real, organic relationship from the minds of the best romantic comedy ever, Forgetting Sarah Marshall. And they did touch upon his closeness with Fozzie, the first one he met in the events of TMM. Foz always seemed to be Kermit's closest friend.

And I absolutely loved the love letter to the original projects... clips of the Muppet Show being watched by Gary and Walter... Walter's Muppet and Muppet Baby collection, nods to the movies... Sweetums still working at Mad Man Mooney's, and shouting "Aw! Not again!" And those worrying? Jim's legacy was not hidden. A very noticable picture of Jim hung in Kermit and Piggy's house. A loving tribute.

And of course, the actual stage show... the movie plays out in some cases like a superior quality VMX, without the rapid fire pop culture bits. It moves fast, but not so fast you don't get to digest what's going on. I tell yah, great movie and it made the Hour and 45 minute runtime fly by. Even the existing music worked beautifully.'

I give it 5 Wows! Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!

I also feel I must touch upon the Toy Story short. I liked it better than Hawaiin vacation. Maybe cuz Zurg was there...

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Perfect in every way, aspect, shape, and form. The Muppets have truly returned in full form.

The Old: After 21 year of Kermit without Jim Henson around, the frog has become the character we all know and love just exactly as he was on The Muppet Show. He was pure and vulnerable just as he was before. His relationship with Piggy was perfect too! And Kermit was just pitch perfect. Fozzie and Piggy were just as they were back in the 70's too! Fozzie is still the same, trying to be confident in his jokes and Piggy is not a one-dimensional diva anymore. Gonzo, while lacking in screentime, was the stuntman he was too! The head-bowling act brought out his Muppet Show self after becoming a less dangerous replacement to Fozzie in the 90's. And the rest of gang, the Electric Mayhem, Scooter, Rowlf, that have since the 90's have become backgrounders, were also used perfectly and were put right back in their quirky roles. The usual backgrounders were given bigger roles too, and this was fantastic. Just to see Marvin Suggs, Bobby Benson, Wayne, Wanda, Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, the Mutations, Thog, and Uncle Deadly in 2011 is a miracle.

The New: Walter represented the obsessed Muppet fan (us) perfectly, doing every aspect right. His journey was as breathtaking as Kermit and Piggy's love relationship; his nerve-wracking talent search was amazing and his true belief in the Muppets was incredibly believable. Gary, as played by Segel, did a great job and his tough decision was as well believable. Mary was a great character too, with her lonely longing for marriage. Then there's the villians: Tex Richman was incredibly hilarious and a very greedy villain. Maybe not as good as Nicky Holiday or Doc Hopper but was a amazing villian. The Moopets was also hilarious. And Bobo was funny as ever. And Uncle Deadly... perfect! Also, 80's Robot was a standout performance!

I loved this movie inside, out, and overall! By far one of the best Muppet movies ever and one of the best movies ever as well!