Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
we just got back & "pictures in my head" made my eyes water, but at the END when all the fans are out side i cried...a HAPPY cry tho! because there BACK! :smile: Sweeetums at Mad Man Mooneys (Now called Mad Man Mooney & Son) nice touch to "TMM" :wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
My thoughts - which are soooo hard to put into words right now.

So I turn 30 in two days. There. I said it. And I've been having a hard time accepting that age, but I've come to terms with it and this movie was a big reason for it. Jason Segel is very close in age to myself. We are in a unique generation I think in that we grew up with the Muppets and knew Jim Henson, and we were around for what came after. And I think of all the other franchises from my childhood that I was a fan of and how they've been treated or "revived" and I think - wow, I am so truly thankful for the Muppets. I'm thankful for Jason and what he's done. I'm thankful for James Bobin and all the others who gave this project a chance.

This movie. Words cannot express my joy and my love. Is it the Muppet Movie? No - but did we really want a "Remake" of that? I love this movie so much. It has the right amount of nostalgia while making me fall in love with the characters for almost the first time. And I have told my husband I might run away and marry Walter because I am loving him - he is adorable in every way possible.

I am not sure I can really say anything else to sum up what I feel - I will be seeing it again on Friday and I'll go again and again with anyone who wants to go with me. This was without a doubt the best possible early birthday gift I could ever have, especially on a milestone birthday like this one will be. I am happy!!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Jack Black getting tyed up by The Muppets was probably my favorite part of the movie. I always found Jack to be very annoying and when I heard he was going to be in the movie I originally thought "Oh God", then when I see what The Muppets did to him (The whole John Cleese treatment) I was laughing. Cheering silently thinking I was dreaming. LOL Plus Jack in Anger Management, excellent.
I do agree with you, I also loved how they parodied Japenese karate movies, becuase they are all the same.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I love the first 20 minutes or so, with Walter, Gary, and Mary.
When I was in the theater seeing it the second time someone was like, "Hey!! Where's Kermit!?"

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Also you'd never think you'd be touched by a character like Uncle Deadly, I just love his part in this movie.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i know im so glad hes in this just more then like thog and wayne and wanda he is a huge part in it

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
i know im so glad hes in this just more then like thog and wayne and wanda he is a huge part in it
It is great. Also mainly becuase Disney brought back a character who hasn't been seen since the Muppet Show. He was basically a dead Muppet. It's great that they were able to put him in the spotlight and saves the Muppet Theater.