The Muppets Movie Reviews

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The AV Club gave the Muppets a B- and were tepid about it.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-muppets,65584/

Seems to be the only mediocre review, and even then it seems he enjoyed it. Go figure.
Hmmm I've noticed most people who score it lower than an A or four stars or whatever, don't really give a reason for the lower score and sound like they enjoyed the movie...I think its just an attitude that they can give a puppet movie non artsy oscar contender film an A+

themole

Reaction score
Hmmm I've noticed most people who score it lower than an A or four stars or whatever, don't really give a reason for the lower score and sound like they enjoyed the movie...I think its just an attitude that they can give a puppet movie non artsy oscar contender film an A+
I think Keith is saying that IN the movie, the Muppets don't earn, through story, why people should care about the characters.

Do I agree with a B-? I don't know yet, haven't seen the movie, but I feel like based on his review it didn't earn one.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I think Keith is saying that IN the movie, the Muppets don't earn, through story, why people should care about the characters.

Do I agree with a B-? I don't know yet, haven't seen the movie, but I feel like based on his review it didn't earn one.
I'd probably put it as an A-

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I mentioned seeing an article where the director (or was it one of the writers?) said the reason for empty arches was for "realism", citing that some characters missed their cues. I'm thinking if that's the case (and maybe they do and I don't know it yet) they should have had some Muppets running down the arches past Muppets, maybe even have two enter the same space.

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
Because of an amazing person who took the time to seek my out tonight, I got to go to an early screening of The Muppets. I just got out of it. It's a perfect film. I don't know what else to say. It's beyond anything I ever imagined. I'm still in shock. Can't wait to see it again tomorrow at 11:20am!

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Wow, MC posters have changed since I've been around... lots to wade through to get to anything.

I had a ticket to the preview screening, but it was packed and I wanted to cry with the little girl in front of me when we were told there were no more seats. So, of course I went tonight and can't say enough positive things. This is the movie I've been waiting for... but like others I'm not going to spoil anything and need to see it a few more times this weekend for it to really sink in.

Such a great and real movie though. Some of the dialogue with Kermie and Piggy and others was so real, and exactly what I have wanted to hear them say for a very long time.

Luke

Reaction score
Not going to hang around the threads too much as it doesnt come out till FEBRUARY here (and we'll see if i can last that long before either getting on a plane or just watching a dvd copy) but wanted to say hope everyone has a great time seeing the film and im glad to see so much positive comments for it. It looks like Disney pretty much nailed this right from every angle, i have no doubt at all we are looking at another film soon or a revamp of TMS