What if the new movie's DVD contained a bonus disc of existing material?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
i think thats just the stardard not no matter who sells the dvd if its a major movie release...doesnt matter soon everything will be digital copies
I don't know about that, people are still into buying the movies themselves. Now a days, even when a movie bombs at the box office, they still make good movie though home video releases.

beaker

Reaction score
If anyone has noticed, dvds rarely even have bonus material anymore. They save it all for the blu ray version(ie: star trek 2009) or wait for the next christmas season to release some "special edition". Wouldnt be surprised if its a super bare bones release just to grab cash.

beaker

Reaction score
Maybe they could do a little feature on the Muppets popularity or rise to fame with bits of existing material, but stuff like past TV specials, I don't see it. Truthfully, I won't get my hopes up for much in terms of bonus features for the DVD. Have you bought Disney DVDs lately? They don't even brother putting art work art on the disc, anymore? Blu-Rays is getting all the bonus features now.

But hey, the movie not even out yet, let's just look forward to that for now.
Oh! Like a mini documentary...that'd rock! I have many films and animated features that have documentaries on the rise of a film's popularity and cult status. The special edition of Office Space, Big Lebowski and a lot of the DC animated movies have them

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anyone has noticed, dvds rarely even have bonus material anymore. They save it all for the blu ray version(ie: star trek 2009) or wait for the next christmas season to release some "special edition". Wouldnt be surprised if its a super bare bones release just to grab cash.
I hate Blu-Ray for that VERY reason. I can see the general DVD having like a couple trailers and a short or a quick BTS segment... and the Blu having interviews with everyone, a video game, 8 different live commentaries, ultraviolet digital copy, the same crappy regular DVD, a bonus Animal key chain, all in a plastic Kermit the frog bust. I know DVD is on the way out cuz you can get everything on a phone now (what better way to see cinematography than something with a screen the size of a wallet, folded over), but these companies are rushing their obsolescence by putting the good stuff on the premium, expensive releases. Also refusing to release TV shows in full seasons anymore, WARNER BROTHERS...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If anyone has noticed, dvds rarely even have bonus material anymore. They save it all for the blu ray version(ie: star trek 2009) or wait for the next christmas season to release some "special edition".
I think I've noticed it on a few recent movie DVDs I've gotten (though there is nothing I own on both formats). But this reminds me of how disapointed I was with The Simpsons Movie DVD not having too many good features, especially with only a handful of deleted scenes included (when it was widely reported that they animated enough deleted scenes and alternate footage for two whole movies), and later I read that the blu-ray DIDN'T include any additional features.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Its very true and again hate to use this as my fall back, but Transformers decided to rally use no special features till the christmas release of their super ultimate 6 dvd/blue ray release set with all new footage never seen on the old copies

beaker

Reaction score
I have no interest in blu rays really. You can tell the sharp difference in say, Pixar films...but for a lot of stuff, Ive seen blu ray films on 55" LCD screens and it doesnt get me "more" into the film. VHS to dvd, now THAT was a leap. This doesnt feel like a leap. Some of the blu ray films are so bright, that and the lame blue plastic it comes it feels like an eye sore.

For practical reasons, how could I replace my nearly 1000 dvds I have? By the time I even attempted to(all the dvds that got released on blu ray, as a lot of the ones I have never will be turned to blu ray) a new format will have come out and I'd have to start again. I wish there was more of a consumer backlash against blu rays.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have no interest in blu rays really. You can tell the sharp difference in say, Pixar films...but for a lot of stuff, Ive seen blu ray films on 55" LCD screens and it doesnt get me "more" into the film. VHS to dvd, now THAT was a leap. This doesnt feel like a leap. Some of the blu ray films are so bright, that and the lame blue plastic it comes it feels like an eye sore.
The thing is, to have a Blu-Ray make any difference at all, you need an expensive TV to watch them all on. That's the station I get off at. I don't buy this whole "I have a home theater so I don't need to go to the movies" crap. Making special features exclusive to Blu Ray is... it's UNAmerican! :attitude: The reason why people even BUY DVD's (at least of movies) is FOR special features. And while there are excusable "there's no surviving footage" cases, there's NO call for movies made in this era that are made specifically for DVD releases not to even have a standard player 2-Disk set or even cull deleted scenes and bloopers the hours of footage they digitally keep. I mean, really... you hear these studios whine about how no one's buying DVD's anymore and just digitally downloading and renting them.. THAT'S WHY, GENIUSES! it's like they're purposely rushing their obsolescence.

If the standard DVD of the Muppet film doesn't at LEAST have all the internet trailers, that will be a major disappointment.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
maybe the deleted scenes they toke out unless they put them back in

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i have a blu ray and I LOVE IT!!! on our nice 42 inch Vizio! I buy blu ray's IF its NOT released on blu ray than i the DVD, you can STILL play dvds on a blu ray player.