Is The New Fraggle Rock Movie Such a good Idea?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
As we all know if you been following the news lately, about a Fraggle rock movie on the horizion. The Jim Henson Company just gave the rights to New Regency to make the new Fraggle movie, my question is, is it really such a good idea??
I would like to see a new Fraggle movie but I am kinda worried, we know the Muppets will be okay becuase with the crative minds at Disney, The muppets will be brought back to their formal glory, but New Regency, I am not so sure about.
I'm kind of worried that they will want to make it the NEXT BIG THING, and it will not end up being good. Do you think it's a good idea

Muppet fan 123

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This should be in the Fraggle Rock forum. As for your question, I dunno - I want to see the return of these characters, but I don't want to see it headed by people who don't care about and love the characters.

dwmckim

Reaction score
At this point, it's too general a question.

Yes, a Fraggle Rock movie is a good idea.
But we don't know what direction this specific movie has or what (if any) plans NR has for it, but given their previous film treatment of properties,there's much cause for concern. Until we know what script they're going with, what their vision is and how much creative control Henson has, we can't really yet answer this question.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is indeed too soon to tell.

Yes, there is concern as they're the film company behind Marmaduke producing the film, but we won't know anything until someone brings out a script, an if Henson gets final approval on anything. The worst case scenario is Henson screws this up so badly, they make the movie themselves.

Still, NR is a midway... they still need another business partner to get into the project. But Henson still should have final say. I wish they could just get the script Corey did under Weinstine and go through with his version, keeping him as the director. But that's not going to happen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Jim Henson Company just gave the rights to New Regency to make the new Fraggle movie
Okay, I'm sorry, but I now have NO more respect for JHC whatsoever... I mean seriously, this is exactly why whenever I die, I want my work to die with me, I wouldn't trust it in the hands of anybody, no matter who theyare, friends or family, or whoever.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah, but you'll be dead, so it shouldn't really matter to you, :smile::wink:.

But as mentioned, it's too soon to tell whether or not this Fraggle Rock movie is a good idea...that's if it even happens actually.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I'm sorry, but I now have NO more respect for JHC whatsoever... I mean seriously, this is exactly why whenever I die, I want my work to die with me, I wouldn't trust it in the hands of anybody, no matter who theyare, friends or family, or whoever.
Jim Henson didn't give the rights to the movie. The rights were sold to them via a certain terrible company that should go bankrupt.

I have no respect for JHC because they're at a loss of doing anything anymore. Granted, said crappy film company was half the reason FR was never going to get made... but it took 10 years to not get any closer on production of Dark Crystal, and they have to start all over again for the hundredth time. I'm glad Dinosaur Train is a mild success, but that's basically all they have at the moment. Every business partner they had wound up screwing them. We won't know how to judge this one until we hear of a script.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I think the Fraggle Eock movie is a great idea!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
it was really funny to see this thread pop up again. I think this was my first thread ever.
But my point was. A theatrical Fraggle movie. I don't know if it's such a good idea. Who's going to see it? (Beside us Muppet Fans) How many people off the street know what a Fraggle is?