Is the Jim Henson Company involved at all in the new movie?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
According to the credits on IMDB Brian plays Sal Manilla / Dr. Van Neuter (voice). He may not preform, but usually IMDB dosn't make mistakes, at least this close to the release. He may only say 2 lines so who knows.
IMDb isn't often very accurate. We haven't seen any indication Sal or Dr. Van Neuter are in the movie. It's likely someone assumed they were and he was performing them, so they added him, but so far there's no real confirmation on that.

As long as we're talking about IMDb, am I the only one peeved they list the performers as being the "Voice" of the characters? I mean, I know they ARE, but it just bugs me! They should list "Puppeteer" or something. Anyway. Rant over.

I like Walter a lot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It was confirmed that Johnny's not in the film at all. So I doubt Sal would be there as well.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
It was confirmed that Johnny's not in the film at all. So I doubt Sal would be there as well.
Who confirmed that?

There's always a chance that he and Sal might appear in the background and be silent.

The two appeared in "Bohemian Rhapsody" and they didn't really have lines there, so why not?

dwmckim

Reaction score
According to the credits on IMDB Brian plays Sal Manilla / Dr. Van Neuter (voice). He may not preform, but usually IMDB dosn't make mistakes, at least this close to the release
But that info's been there for awhile. No one's just bothered to take it down. The imdb page for The Muppets is a hot mess: 1/3 real info, 1/3 speculation based on little more than fan fiction, 1/3 uncredited extras adding their own names.

The two appeared in "Bohemian Rhapsody" and they didn't really have lines there, so why not?
Even their presence in BH was a "happy accident" - the Johnny/Sal puppets were shipped to the set with a host of others by accident and they figured as long as they had 'em on set, they'd throw them in.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
(sigh) Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Frank Oz and the new movie need to stop being mentioned in the same sentence, IMO. He would not have gotten involved anyway, since he officially retired from his classic Muppet characters after "Muppets from Space".

We can't give in to The Hollywood Reporter, Metro and their desires for the new film to bomb at the box office. :mad:

beaker

Reaction score
So if JHC has "no involvement"...um, where did they film the Muppet Studios? As that sure awfully looks like JHC studios.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Frank Oz and the new movie need to stop being mentioned in the same sentence, IMO. He would not have gotten involved anyway, since he officially retired from his classic Muppet characters after "Muppets from Space".
One person reported it, and everyone stole from the article out of context. And as I've said oft, if there was any time to complain about the direction of a Muppet movie it was basically MFS (only Joey Mazzarino spoke out against that years later, but only because the director mangled his script) and MOz (don't get me started or I'll never shut up on that one). Oz was annoyed he even was asked that question. Let's not forget he also said, "I don't want to be a sourpuss and spoil the movie." That's basically saying, it's not of my taste, but I wish them well and I hope others enjoy it.

Plus, the best ammo for the argument that Henson didn't make everything gold? Mother Goose Stories.

That said, I wouldn't blame the first news source for anything but refusing to post names and where they got their dubious sources... the others for plagiarism, maybe... any exposure is exposure that the movie's out and only purists who weren't going to see this thing anyway will take it at face value. But then again, the purists whined and moaned and looked for things to hate about the new Star Trek film and everyone else in the world liked it. And those younger audiences that never have seen Star Trek before will go back and buy/rent/download off Itunes episodes of various Star Trek series. Exposure.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Too true. Dr.

Let's hope that those idiotic big-fat-lie articles won't hurt the movie in the long run.

The movie's publicity machine was on such a winning streak with hardly anything standing in its way until Metro, The Hollywood Reporter and their fellow dimps came along and started trying to ruin everything.

Hope it all this nonsense fades away quickly WELL before November 23rd. :concern: :sympathy: