"The Muppets" first preview screening

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When I heard Wayne and Wanda get dialogue, I figured maybe they'd sing a song that'd end early. But the track listing for the soudntrack has been announced and there's no Wayne and Wanda track, so I guess their dialogue comes in some other way (unless they do get a song and it just doesn't appear on the album).

Mupp

Reaction score
I apologize if my original post in this thread sounded harsh. which was apparently deleted.

I am simply trying to be rational.

I do NOT think that that this thread is a good idea. It is NOT a good idea to reveal so many details about the film. Now, a good majority of the film has been spoiled, and everyone who participated in this thread will no longer be surprised when they watch the movie.

Also, I do NOT think that it is a good idea for people to ask so many questions. I mean, people have asked things like;

"Is Pepe in it?"
"Is there much Rowlf?"
"Does this character have dialogue?"
"How is Walter?"
"Are the Muppets the stars?" (Ahem...."This is their movie")

The original poster has been assaulted with questions. Why are people demanding so many specific answers about every single tiny aspect of the film? Why are people not able to wait until they see the film? Don't any of you want to be surprised? Isn't that the whole point of watching a movie? To be surprised?

As a result of this thread, most of the movie's content is spoiled. So now, everyone from this thread will see the movie and then think "Oh, so that's what he meant" Instead of being generally surprised by the film and saying "Oh wow!". As a result, this will color people's opinions of the film and they will not be able to judge the movie from an impartial point of view.

I would really appreciate if what I said here would be discussed. These are legitimate concerns.

Thanks

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I apologize if my original post in this thread sounded harsh. which was apparently deleted.

I do NOT think that that this thread is a good idea. It is NOT a good idea to reveal so many details about the film. Now, a good majority of the film has been spoiled, and everyone who participated in this thread will no longer be surprised when they watch the movie.

Also, I do NOT think that it is a good idea for people to ask so many questions. I mean, people have asked things like;

"Is Pepe in it?"
"Is there much Rowlf?"
"Does this character have dialogue?"
"How is Walter?"
"Are the Muppets the stars?" (Ahem...."This is their movie")

The original poster has been assaulted with questions. Why are people demanding so many specific answers about every single tiny aspect of the film? Why are people not able to wait until they see the film? Don't any of you want to be surprised? Isn't that the whole point of watching a movie? To be surprised?

As a result of this thread, most of the movie's content is spoiled. So now, everyone from this thread will see the movie and then think "Oh, so that's what he meant" Instead of being generally surprised by the film and saying "Oh wow!". As a result, this will color people's opinions of the film and they will not be able to judge the movie from an impartial point of view.

I would really appreciate if what I said here would be discussed. These are legitimate concerns.

Thanks
If you don't think this thread is a good idea, then don't read it. Some people like spoilers and some don't. I definitely do not think that most of the movie's content is spoiled here- there are many aspects of this movie that no one could really depict on a forum thread and if you think people that read this are impartial- think again. Most of us are Muppet fans so we're already biased, in an absolutely good way I'd like to point out. If the person who saw the preview doesn't want to answer questions, they don't have to. I'm almost positive that all of us are still going to be surprised after seeing the movie.

I have two words for you my friend: Chill Pill. Take one, you'll feel better, trust me!

terrimonster

Reaction score

I just want to point out the irony that nobody had posted in this thread for a week, and your post about why people shouldn't read it brought the thread back to life.

Mupp

Reaction score
.....Ultimately, I am just astounded by the barrage of questions that people have asked.

So you guys basically want to know everything about the movie before you see it?

The questions that people have asked early on in this thread are borderline obsessive compulsive. I'm excited too, but there's no need to be so concerned about every aspect of the film to the point that you have to ask about them to get reassurance. Try to stay optimistic.

Never fear, the film is almost here!