The Bible and Love and Christians

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
What channel would it be on? I mean all of TV is owned by big, evil corporations right?:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I get what you're saying...

I agree...there's no such thing as "evil" corporations...

Unscrupulous, amoral, gluttonous, incompetent, corner cutting, stupidity rewarding, mismanaged, corrupt, self destructive, characterized as throwing old ladies in front of buses, selling their mother, dropping a million dollars to pick up a penny... but not evil.

So what's wrong about being annoyed that companies ARE unscrupulous, amoral, gluttonous, incompetent, corner cutting, stupidity rewarding, mismanaged, corrupt, self destructive?

What happened to punishing people who do a bad job? Not even in the business world! There are plenty of people I've seen who have steady jobs that monkeys could do better.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The current exposure of corporate greed on Wall Street is kind of being represented in "The Muppets" movie via Tex Richman and his eviction of the Muppets from their theater due to his oil interests. No matter what side of the issue you fall on, isn't it great to see the Muppets being socially relevant again? This is the right chord to hit with Americans right now. Timing is everything. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The current exposure of corporate greed on Wall Street is kind of being represented in "The Muppets" movie via Tex Richman and his eviction of the Muppets from their theater due to his oil interests. No matter what side of the issue you fall on, isn't it great to see the Muppets being socially relevant again? This is the right chord to hit with Americans right now. Timing is everything. :smile:
You know DrTooth sort of asked this before but, I remember years ago when Saved by the Bell did an episode about the dangers of oil drilling. Now were people complaining about messages like that back then and I was just too young to remember, or did messages like that used to be more accepted?

Drtooth

Reaction score

I think the oil drilling bit works on the level that it's a classic old school type plotline... but I think the villain should have been a greedy land developer or banker that's been trying to shut them down for lack of payment for years. unfortunately, that's too much like VMX... and as close as the plot is to VMX already. The oil industry is poopoo, sure.... holding back any progress in new energy technology, dealing with the very same terrorists we're trying to blow up (hint... they're mostly from the place we BUY oil from), running at purposely low capacity to drive prices and profits up artificially... but the banking system the world over is just as corrupt as corrupt as you can get.

Our hubris is that we think it's just happening to us. What do you think is going on in Greece? Everyone wanted to become investment bankers and real estate wizzes, and they wound up screwing everything up for everyone. Someone send the Terminator back in time and get rid of the first person who suggested "flipping houses." That and the fact that everything was being bulldozed to make luxury condos that no one can afford... that helped screw us up royally in 2008. The banks ARE to blame, but that doesn't mean these Fred Flintone get rich quick schemers didn't sell us all out either.

beaker

Reaction score
Finally people on MSNBC are growing a pair and getting angry, calling both dems and repubs useless and what a scam the whole financial system is