Who is Lionsgate associated with?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought that was on The Disney Channel. Wasn't it?
Disney Channel may have done something, but Nick@Nite did Muppets in the early 90s... in addition to Christmas Toy, I also have a (cut) recording of The Muppets' Valentine Show from N@N as well.

But anyway, as for TCT recording, the breaks and everything do say "Nickelodeon's Sunday Night Muppets".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't ever remember knowing about The Disney Channel airing The Christmas Toy, but I recently found a Disney Channel spring preview from 1990 on YouTube, which included a section on Henson productions that were going to be on the channel, including quite a few I didn't know aired on the channel (including The Frog Prince and The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show). I didn't see much Disney Channel until 1992 (and didn't get the channel myself until 1997 when it became a regular channel) and don't know much of what was on that channel before then, though I did know of some Henson productions that aired on the channel beforehand (I vaguely remember seeing a promo for Hey Cinderella before 1992, and recall seeing The Muppets Take Manhattan on that channel). So maybe it did air.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I do clearly remember is sometime in the mid 90s, Disney Channel aired FTB, as I taped that as well.

Oh, and of course, there was MT

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I was pretty shocked to hear about Lionsgate pulling the clip with Big Bird learning about Mr. Hooper's death...especially since Hoopersghost didn't use the 20th anniversary special as a source, he got it from the episode (#1839) where it aired originally. Just in case those so-and-so's get DVD rights to any more Sesame compilations, I'm thinking of adding a disclaimer to my own uploads: "The following clip is from a fan-made recording of episode <number> and is the copyrighted property of Sesame Workshop. No other group's DVD rights should apply to this source."
It was reposted by Soloy1. But sadly, It got taken down by Lionsgate. And they gave him a copyright strike for that.:mad::eek::boo:

mimitchi33

Reaction score
BuddyBoy, it appears that two users on your list were suspended by different people, not WMG. As it turns out, JerseyJ2008 was actually suspended by Adland for uploading commercials, and Videos4Everybody was suspended by Scholastic f0r uploading The Magic School Bus episodes.

Another thing that angers me about YouTube copyright is their Copyright School video that they make you watch each time you get a copyright strike. The reason for this is one, even though I like this show, the video features Happy Tree Friends, and what if a younger child under thirteen had a YouTube Account and got a strike? Well, they would get the idea that Happy Tree Friends is a kiddie show, and watch it. Soon, they will think killing people is fun. Second, it also objects remixes and parodies, which people do all the time. And third, it also had a scene where a character films a movie inside a theater. If you did that in real life, you would be found in just anywhere from a split second to 5 minutes! But at some theaters, this doesn't even happen! So this video also says "you can film things in movie theaters, but don't even upload the movies you film to YouTube!". Also, as a dreaded bonus, that song they play throughout the whole video is an earworm!

Back on topic, I thought that Lionsgate distributed Old School when I first read about this (but it's actually but I later found out after reading this thread that they actually made the 2oth anniversary special and "Henson's Place", I said "Wow. Just wow.", because I didn't know why they would own the said special. But I do understand Henson's Place being owned by Lionsgate, because it's by the Jim Henson Company.

Also, D'Snowth, what's FTB?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Back on topic, I thought that Lionsgate distributed Old School when I first read about this (but it's actually but I later found out after reading this thread that they actually made the 2oth anniversary special and "Henson's Place", I said "Wow. Just wow.", because I didn't know why they would own the said special. But I do understand Henson's Place being owned by Lionsgate, because it's by the Jim Henson Company.
Lionsgate sucks as a company. Sure, they gave us some great Henson DVD's, and then all the sudden stopped. I'm sure everything's out of print now, but they'll keep hanging onto that copyright long after the DVD's have stopped coming off the assembly line. And it wouldn't bother me none if they at least continued to release Henson projects on DVD. And it wouldn't bother me if they just went after those who post full specials and episodes... not segments that were used as fleeting clips on a TV special.