Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just have a thing against some dog movies. I mean, I actually quite like Homeward Bound 1, and I remember it fondly. Something about internal monologue Garfield style works better IMO, not Mr. Ed like...

But Air Bud was NOT a talking Dog movie. Far from it. While I still find it kinda dumb, it actually had some sort of vauge heartfelt story to the nasty clown that owned the dog and the boy trying to give it a new home. It didn't need the "OOH! He can play basketball" angle. Of course, very quickly it turned into the "the dog that plays other sports" franchise, and somewhere they had some movie where he had talking puppies and that spun off the generic talking dog movie franchise it's become.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yes, I liked the original Homeward Bound movie as well... the sequel for that one not so much, it was like one of those sequels where the original was a serious story, so they make the sequel more of a comedy, like they did with American Tail (both were good, but sometimes making a funny sequel off a serious movie doesn't always work).

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
ah howard bound good memories with my little sis....and Joe i know how you feel( even though ive never seen air bud) i have movies from my childhood i love that i rewatch now and double take at its ridiculousness

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I think the people that buy the Buddies movies are the same people that keep buying those Kidz Bop CDs!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kids Bop CD's confuse me. On one hand, soccer moms probably love the overly censored versions of the pop songs kids love... but on the other hand, why do you need kids covering "I Whip my Hair back and Forth" if a kid sings the darn thing in the first place.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Kids Bop CD's confuse me. On one hand, soccer moms probably love the overly censored versions of the pop songs kids love... but on the other hand, why do you need kids covering "I Whip my Hair back and Forth" if a kid sings the darn thing in the first place.
ive wondered the same thing...what is it about kids covering the songs that suddenly makes them ok

Drtooth

Reaction score
ive wondered the same thing...what is it about kids covering the songs that suddenly makes them ok
Censoring lyrics is one way.

I've noticed a LOT of Chipmunks songs got censored.

Yet, for some strange reason, Time Warp was word for word. "Right kind of Sinner" in Heartbreaker is apparently too controversial, but "In another Dimension with Voyeuristic intentions" is okay for some reason... eh...

Man, some indie news paper gave a nice little slam to Kid's Bop, and I wish I kept that article. It said something about the cover of "Whip my Hair back and forth" that even I couldn't put as eloquently.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
The answer is hidden deep within the bowels of Disney's Recess, episode "The A.V. Kid."

Kindergarteners love talking dogs for whatever reason.

How come live action talking dogs suck? I mean, animation gave us:

and

and even

But all live action talking dogs with super imposed mouths get us is garbage films that are exactly the same. All poo and butt sniff jokes. Nothing original or clever, and I fail to see why even kindergarteners love this junk.

Air Buddies is a clever way around Disney's no animated cheapquels clause. Live action cheapquels are okay... mainly because the fi;ms were cheap pieces of garbage themselves anyway.
Not necessarily. Shadow from Homeward Bound, and Fly from Babe good! Other ones....not as good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now we got Treasure Buddies, which looks like a combination of Aladdin, the Duck Tales movie, and Ernest in the Army...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
And now we got Treasure Buddies, which looks like a combination of Aladdin, the Duck Tales movie, and Ernest in the Army...[/quote}
Gosh there's gonna be more of them then there are annoying Barbie adaptations of classic stories.