Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How many of those Buddies spin-offs have they cranked out so far? And why do they keep cranking them out? Do you even know anybody who even remotely likes or enjoys those Buddies?

I mean the original Air Bud may or may not have benefitted from it's original sequel where he played soccer instead of basketball (I didn't care for it, but I've seen worse sequels), but really, isn't this beyond overkill?

rowlfy662

Reaction score
indeed in the uk we have a channel for disnet films and one of them always seems to be on everyday i mean air buddies space buddies santa buddies this year spooky buddies everytime you think there gone they return and next year there getting treasure buddies has nobody told disney enough is enough

Drtooth

Reaction score
The answer is hidden deep within the bowels of Disney's Recess, episode "The A.V. Kid."

Kindergarteners love talking dogs for whatever reason.

How come live action talking dogs suck? I mean, animation gave us:

and

and even

But all live action talking dogs with super imposed mouths get us is garbage films that are exactly the same. All poo and butt sniff jokes. Nothing original or clever, and I fail to see why even kindergarteners love this junk.

Air Buddies is a clever way around Disney's no animated cheapquels clause. Live action cheapquels are okay... mainly because the fi;ms were cheap pieces of garbage themselves anyway.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------------
Just had to chime in: when I realized exactly what the thread title referred to I started snickering uncontrollably in a library quiet zone.

Mean, my friend. Mean. But froggin' funny.
-------------------

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
As an animal rights activist, I must say the title of this thread is in bad taste. As a film goer and consumer, I must say that these cheapquels are lame, uninspired, and have little to nothing to do with the original film.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
arnt these a spin off of Air Bud anyways......my theory is this is the new Land Before time Series they will continute as long as someone can make a dollar

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I never liked Air Bud and have no clue where the "air buddies" even started from

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never liked Air Bud and have no clue where the "air buddies" even started from
Disney's need to make money, DUH!

Yeah, Air Bud was pretty much the dumbest idea for a movie or one of them anyway... then they had to take the dog and make him play every sport... and once that got old, they slowly added in talking annoying puppies (one of them ALWAYS has to talk like what a 50 year old white guy thinks a black guy talks like) and just marketed the crap out of them.

The film franchise DOES need to be put to sleep... why, it's rabidly bad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So... I guess I'm the only one who liked the original movie then?

I mean sure it wasn't the BEST movie in the world, but I thought it was pretty nice and heartwarming... of course then again, I WAS like eight-years-old when I saw it, so... I don't know.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I, too, have a nostalgic fondness for the original. :smile:

But yeah, those puppies need to be euthanized. Figuratively, of course.