A few suggestions

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
(The first one was brought up by dwmckim)

1. Display more info under our avatars.

There is a huge space there, why not use it. This is like the only forum where you have to click on the person's name to see their post count. Why? It seems unnecessary. On top of that, we have been crying for a gender option. We get it, but once again its stuck on our profile. These things should not be just on our profile page but under our avatar. Post count, Age, gender, and location should all be under our avatar.

I realize its probably soemthing funky with the forum software, but this issue should be addressed to the developers, or even request an add on to be made to allow for this if there is not one already available.

2. Shorten links

One tihng I noticed is that if you post a large link, it doesnt get shortened enough. So, basically, you have an ugly link hogging the page that takes away from the post. The old forum had a much more reasonable link shortening feature. I"d like to see one more like the old forum.

3. Thread display cut off date

With the new forum, I noticed a few old, old threads being revived. This was not a problem on the old thread because by default the threads were cut off after two weeks if no one posted in them. It also allowed you to manually select the thread display cut off date. People are knuckleheads and dont pay attention to the thread creation date or date of the last poster, digging up old threads that dont need to be revived. Yeah, you can report them, but we shouldnt have to. I figure if there is a cut off date rather than displaying them all at once, it may help with the thread reviving. The other, more drastic option is to have old threads auto-lock after a certain amount of time has gone by without people posting in it.

If anyone else has other suggestions, you might as well post them here

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think it would be nice to be able to see people's birthdays again on the forum index... *Shrug*

Oldiesmann

Reaction score
I would like to see the forum made wider. I have a 15.6" laptop with 1280x800 resolution and about 2/3rds of the page is wasted on either side of the forum.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would like to see the forum made wider. I have a 15.6" laptop with 1280x800 resolution and about 2/3rds of the page is wasted on either side of the forum.
Then why not adjust your resolution to 1024x768?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Thats not so much the forum as it is the website itself. All the content is lined up with the edges of the banner...its still annoying on larger monitors though. I also have a 15" monitor, so I know where you're coming from.

Man, I'd hate to see what the site looks like on my school's huge 25 inch monitors :embarrassed:

Oldiesmann

Reaction score
Then why not adjust your resolution to 1024x768?
1024x768 doesn't work too well on widescreen displays. Besides that, I'm not going to switch to a lower resolution just to make this site appear wider.