"The Muppets" first preview screening

dwmckim

Reaction score
Since i still haven't caught that ad yet, is there an empty arch instead of a fifth monster? If so then i KNOW that there's something they've deliberately not chosen to spoiler in the trailers and when you see it, you'll be glad they kept it a surprise!

beaker

Reaction score
Heh, true DW...is there anything we haven't spoiled ourselves with yet?:3

Btw, while this film apparently cares little for Pepe, Rizzo, Janice, etc...the new behind the scenes of OK Go features really good interviews/talking scenes with Pepe, Janice and Floyd

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Since i still haven't caught that ad yet, is there an empty arch instead of a fifth monster? If so then i KNOW that there's something they've deliberately not chosen to spoiler in the trailers and when you see it, you'll be glad they kept it a surprise!
That scene has made it to a TV commercial recently located online (and the still is at Muppet Wiki), and there is an empty arch where Timmy should be. I would have thought all those monsters were physically there (the arches don't look CGI to me in that shot), unless they just digitally removed one.

SeanC

Reaction score
That scene has made it to a TV commercial recently located online (and the still is at Muppet Wiki), and there is an empty arch where Timmy should be. I would have thought all those monsters were physically there (the arches don't look CGI to me in that shot), unless they just digitally removed one.
Having looked at the still in question, it appears to me that there's supposed to be someone there. Look at The Mutation to the right of Thog and the way he's positioned. Then look at the one to the left and the way he's facing away from Thog. If there was nobody there wouldn't it make more sense for him to be facing towards Thog instead?
I'm guessing that Timmy will be there in the final movie - but represented in CGI rather than a newly built puppet. The shot just wasn't completed in time for the preview. I could be wrong and there's nobody there at all... but it'd be weird given they're obviously trying to recreate the 70s title sequence.
Of course, if Timmy IS included... which version of Timmy will it be? The one who appeared in the titles was an earlier version of him ( the same version that appeared in the dance with Bernadette Peters ) wheras he was later redesigned and had a tail added. Personally, I like later Timmy better...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Having looked at the still in question, it appears to me that there's supposed to be someone there. Look at The Mutation to the right of Thog and the way he's positioned. Then look at the one to the left and the way he's facing away from Thog. If there was nobody there wouldn't it make more sense for him to be facing towards Thog instead?
I'm starting to wonder if maybe somebody will jump from the side of the screen into that spot.

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
During the screening a bunch of the arches were empty... so I'm like 90% sure they just weren't dones with that shot yet. At the time a lot of the technical shots were incomplete. As for how many fuull bodied characters are in it; I was really impressed... there were a lot. I think you guys will be pumped to see it at release, there are a TON of fan favorites, they just obviously can't make every single character the star. Rizzo is the only character I can tell you seems to have been seriously overlooked but I feel like everyone else we love got their deserved screen time. I hate when u go to a movie hyped up and it doesn't deliver... I'm telling you, this is not gonna be one of those times :smile:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
I could have sworn I saw Behemoth, but i have horrible memory so I could be wrong, anyone else who saw it remember?

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Are you sure? I thought Behemoth was a full bodied character... but either way, thats not who im thinking of... its Big Mean Carl... you can see him in the background here...