Dearth/Alex's Customs and Dioramas v2

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I like your version of Mechani-Kong...Better than Bandai's six inch vinyl figure. And yeah, Angelo is pretty funny.

Muppetaz

Reaction score
Why don't you do a Strangepork in his sweatervest to go with disco Link

Dearth

Reaction score
Got a pic of the outfit you're describing? I have at least one other Strangepork left in my fodder box.

~~~

Trying to find a good reference pic of Smollett's tattoo.

I found this one on the website of Janet Knechtel (http://www.janetknechtel.com/index.htm), the woman who originally stitched the tattoo onto the puppet.

I contacted her to see if she had a better image, but she said that fuzzy Polaroid was the best she had. Anyone got a really good screencap of it from the movie?

~~~

Bought these chenille stems at Hobby Lobby the other day on half-price...

Anyone see the potential?

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
cool those will be awsome!

I don't have any screen grabs but hes wearing it at the end of the offical trailer and in the Liza Minneli episode.

Dearth

Reaction score
Ah, that's an episode I haven't watched as much, since it was the very last
'Best of The Muppet Show' Time/Life DVD that I tracked down several months back.

~~~

Finished the collar on Link and punched some holes in a craft cowboy hat for his ears. Muldoon wears a more fedora style of hat in some scenes of the movie, but this is pretty close. I have a rubbery white wrestling figure cowboy hat that is a PERFECT fit on Link, but it's the only one I have and I want to keep it white. This one I can hopefully paint or dye.

Got Rizzo reassembled for painting, and received a package from eBay in the mail today... some tiny LEGO suitcases I'd bought so he'd have a little briefcase. Nothing says 'lawyer' like a briefcase.

Alex

ceelos

Reaction score
those are some sweet customs. can't wait to see the finished works

Dearth

Reaction score
Okay, I watched the Liza Minnelli episode earlier, that's a pretty cool little director's outfit for Strangepork! I will give that one some very serious thought.

Link's white hat is currently dyeing at the bottom of a glass of tea.

And I went back to Hobby Lobby tonight to pick up some other thicknesses and colors of chenille while the sale is still going on. (It ends the 10th). I also got some glass beads which will hopefully work for the amber-topped cane of John Hammond.

I can't wait to see the Bossmen.
I am just eyeballing these Bossman dimensions, but here's a sneaky peek!

This is basically scaled simply off the thickness of the chenille. He's gonna need something to support his weight, though, because the wire in the chenille is just too flexible. I am thinking maybe a simple black wooden dowel coming straight down from the torso, which seems kinda fitting.

So far I've only got the torso, nose, and mouth of the green Bossman cut out. I'm gonna disassemble the pink one and use its parts as a template for the green one.

The pink and green foamies above Sweetums will be used to cut out their hands. I have another sheet of thinner white foamie for their teeth. Still not sure precisely what to use for their eyeballs or their feet, but I'll come up with something.

The eyes need to be lightweight, while the feet need to be heavy.

Alex

Muppetaz

Reaction score
how much would you charge for the bossmen? I'm interested in buying them. Not those two, but after you make them if you were to make more.

Dearth

Reaction score
E-mail me (Ploovo241@aol.com) and I'll try to let you know how much it will cost for the parts. I may have an idea for the eyes, I need to see if a particular item is still manufactured.

~~~

Just took this pic!

Jurasick Pork Revisited!

Alex