Make Your Own Sesame Segment!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It doesn't seem like it fits in with the show. It comes off very "Blue's Clues".
I swore they were trying to carbon copy Blue's Clues with that segment anyway, and honestly, it's leaps and bounds more watchable. But still, I'm glad the writers protested it. It goes to show that I think the writers have some sort of muzzle on them, but they're breaking free as much as they can.

For that matter, what the heck happened to Munchin' Impossible? That seemed to have a lot of potential, as did Count TV. I mean, if you're going to shove segments into the show, at least give us one with favorite characters so they're at least guaranteed to be on every so many episodes a season.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I swore they were trying to carbon copy Blue's Clues with that segment anyway, and honestly, it's leaps and bounds more watchable. But still, I'm glad the writers protested it. It goes to show that I think the writers have some sort of muzzle on them, but they're breaking free as much as they can.

For that matter, what the heck happened to Munchin' Impossible? That seemed to have a lot of potential, as did Count TV. I mean, if you're going to shove segments into the show, at least give us one with favorite characters so they're at least guaranteed to be on every so many episodes a season.
What is Munchin' Impossible?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What is Munchin' Impossible?
"Muchin' Impossible" is a 5-minute series SW is trying to sell to international markets. It stars Cookie Monster. Look it up on Muppet Wiki to see SW's page for it with preview video.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really wish they somehow followed through with that. With all the healthy food eating initiative stuff they jammed down our throats the past few seasons, it had the potential to actually be interesting!

According to the wiki page, Sesame Workshop, under the guise of Cookie Monster left a cryptic note about the show (Something to the extent of "Me been working for CIA, but don't tell anyone") so it may just be a surprise segment this season yet. Not holding my breath, but cryptic clues are pointing at something.

Hope we see Count TV in time as well. I really did love seeing the Count host the number segment, though I felt the Organ Count portion was dreadfully dull and repetitive... especially considering what they did with the character a couple seasons later.

CherryPizza

Reaction score
How about a Sesame Street historical society, where one of the newer/younger Muppets goes in to talk to one of the old-timers about some issue, and it always results in the old-timer getting out the Sesame Street photo album or home movies to show an old SS clip that somehow relates to the issue being discussed? Give the young'uns a chance to know David, Olivia, Mr Hooper, Mr Handford, Linda, et al

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's too much of a stretch for the actual show. it seems more like a one off program if there was ever another Sesame Street Unpaved like program. Besides, I feel classic clips would work better if they were more gently added in without the "classic" label.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I agree. I don't really think older segments should be played for "classic" sake. If they have time they need to fill, they should dig in their library to find something.

12Medbe

Reaction score
I had a thought about an Ernie and Bert role reversal sketch. After consecutive times, Bert finally pops after Ernie humilates him. In every sketch Bert starts tricking Ernie into playing meatball games. Sounded so much better in my head!