Make Your Own Sesame Segment!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hi everybody! I have a new thread for you fans of the Street! Sure Abby's Flying Fairy School and Super Grover 2.0 are fun, but what other segments would you like. Here's my idea.

Big Bird's Bird World- Seriously Murray has a segment, but Big Bird doesn't? There aren't that many types of schools, but think about how many major species of Birds there are. Big Bird could be seen in different locations with a different bird each time per season.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Least we forget, Big Bird already had a segment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnRnxkX2U2U
Of course, the writers didn't like it and they dumped the segment all together.

The thing about Murray is, he's in segments because he was created in mind to not actually be on the street in street stories. Joey didn't like the idea of having to awkwardly put Murray into the Triangle of Destiny episode.

Somehow, I wish Telly had a "what to worry about today" segment that taught kids not to worry about anything.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
That's true, but Journey To Ernie was made years ago, and hasn't been on since. I just think that there could be far less reruns of the Big Bird segment then there are of Abby's Flying Fairy School and Murray has a Little Lamb. I like that idea for a Telly segment though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Me? I'd rather NO segments, though. But that's the way the show is now... I just miss the randomness of having smaller sketches featuring different characters all the time. You never know what character you'd see in the old days. Could be a Sherlock Hemlock skit, could be a classic Ernie and Bert... I feel segments take away from that. Though I will say, I prefer the tone of Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures or Abby's Fairy School over, say, Elmo's World. Something that has a storyline...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I love classic skits! I always find myself wishing for episodes from when I was in my single digits or before. I love Bert and Ernie, and I haven't seen much Sherlock Hermlock. I'll have to look up some sketches with him on Sesame Street.org. later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Regarding Murray Has a Little Lamb, it seems that segment has been dropped since last season.

Of course, the writers didn't like it and they dumped the segment all together.
According to the 40th anniversary book, the writers and producers didn't think Journey to Ernie was "Sesame enough".

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Regarding Murray Has a Little Lamb, it seems that segment has been dropped since last season.

According to the 40th anniversary book, the writers and producers didn't think Journey to Ernie was "Sesame enough".
How isn't it Sesame enough?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I guess in a way it is, but still did definetly make the kids at home think, and the earlier version with clips of the show was pretty funny and Big Bird's "That was fun, but it wasn't Ernie!" Then again I was like 5 0r 6 when it started.