What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, we've got threads for smiles, frowns, scares, laughs, general desposition, etc... might as well do a thread for this, because let's face it, sometimes things happen that makes us :rolleyes: or :sigh: or faceslap ourselves, etc... so here's a thread just for that.

Today, I found myself rolling my eyes at hearing that there's going to be a TV series about Kim Kardashian's wedding... really? How many TV shows do those skanks already have? The whole family already has a TV show, Khloe has a show on her marriage, at this rate, everytime every member of that family gets married, that's just one more show for then,

outerelf

Reaction score
I had to roll my eyes at the guy who decided to help fund building island in international water territory, where he claims, 'There will be no biases, no moral codes, loose building codes, etc.'

First off, there is nobody, absolutely NOBODY that does not have a bias. It's a sad part of life. Secondly, moral codes are there for a reason- it would take only a few generations before we used up the gene pool (especially on an island) until there was massive inbreeding and mentally retarded kids were being born. Loose building codes, on an island. Do I even need to say what will go wrong there?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Today, I found myself rolling my eyes at hearing that there's going to be a TV series about Kim Kardashian's wedding... really? How many TV shows do those skanks already have? The whole family already has a TV show, Khloe has a show on her marriage, at this rate, everytime every member of that family gets married, that's just one more show for then,
I don't even understand why there's a TV show about Kim Kardasian!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
*Sarcasm*

Oh gee... surprise surprise... I can;t believe after all this time, Kim Kardashian is getting divorced... Im totally blindsided... I so did NOT see that coming... I am so shocked...

*End sarcasm*

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Funny -- even though I could care less about celebrity gossip. Thanks for the grin.
-----------------------

robodog

Reaction score
So I'm poking around various toy boards as I often do when I'm bored. I come across a thread that basically had a bunch of people whining because a new figure coming out wasn't the exact color they wanted. This wasn't a travesty on the level of painting Kermit purple, the figure was only slightly different than what they expected but because it wasn't EXACTLY what they wanted they were crying like a five year old who is denied a toy at Wal Mart.
Look, I get toy collecting. I collect toy dogs obsessively. Sometimes it is literally the only thing that brings me any joy. But I cannot fathom throwing a temper tantrum because a toy wasn't the exact color I wanted. I suppose if they came out with a blue Rowlf I might be a little upset, but I wouldn't cry like a baby with a full diaper. I simply would not buy it.
I don't get the world of action figures and I suppose I never will. And it's not just the nitpicky nerd rage so common in action figure communities. Half the stuff that's collected these days is overpriced garbage that breaks if you look at it funny. I thank God I collect toy dogs. Most of them are fairly sturdy and inexpensive because it's made for children and not obsessive comic book geeks. I'm glad I'm not that into most superhero stuff because most of the figures are not toys. They're overly expensive, highly fragile statues masquerading as toys. They whine because a toy isn't the right color but they're okay with shelling out big bucks for crap. I just don't get it. Sorry to go on a rant there. This stuff kind of bugs me and I really don't know why.

robodog

Reaction score
It may have been a reference to something. Sometimes I see jokes or things on shows I don't get then later on I'll come across whatever it was they were referencing and finally get it.

Here's another thing that bugs me. This is probably something that bothers only me so you can probably all just disregard it as the fevered ravings of a madman who fixates on strange things but I need to get it off my chest.

So it's Christmas time and advertisers are bombarding the airwaves with all the latest junk they want to sell. I got a toy catalog the other day with an ad for "Rock Star" Mickey Mouse or something like that. It sings, it dances, it plays the guitar. This would probably be amusing for the first couple of times you see it do it's thing but then what? See, I don't get all these singing, dancing, talking toys. Ever since Furby became a big hit toymakers have flooded the shelves with electronic toys that do pretty much anything you can think of. But the problem is they're all one trick wonders. I don't care how impressive a toy's animations are watching it do them over and over again gets dull even for kids. Why do these things sell?
I'm all for interactive toys. I collect robotic dogs and I've got a big plastic tub filled with them in my room but the problem is that most of the electronic toys they come out with aren't really interactive. You watch them do their thing and that's it. There's no interaction beyond pressing the on switch. The robotic dogs I collect are interesting because they actually respond and interact with you. Pet them and they act happy, feed them and they make crunching noises. Talk to them and they'll look in your direction and respond. It really is like having a pet. But most electronic toys don't do this. Why? Why bring out something with a few tricks that'll get old fast when you can come up with something that's actually interactive for the same price point? Imagine a Mickey Mouse that actually interacts with the child rather than having the child just sit and watch it do it's thing. Why aren't more toys like this?