D23 Expo: Muppet news and happenings

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
Didnt see this mentioned yet, but Jim is going to be inducted to the Disney Legends (ie hall of fame) this year at D23 Expo, this ceremony takes place on Friday the 19th. The Walt Disney studio will have there panel on Saturday the 20th. Still no word on a Muppet specific panel, but in 09 the Muppets came out on the boat during the studio panel and a separate Muppet only panel also went down. Hope that helps anyone debating on coming down.

beaker

Reaction score
Very cool...I just am curious why no events have been listed, especially for the Muppets. In 2009 Sunday was the big Muppet day...is there any word on what day will be the big Muppet film/future related day?

TSSD

Reaction score
Well they haven't released the entire schedule yet, just some of it. Worst comes to worst, there will hopefully be at least a small mention of the movie in the Walt Disney Studios presentation.

beaker

Reaction score
Very cool. Looks like they're not going all out Muppet wise as 2009, but as to be expected since Marvel is getting a huge focus. Can't wait to hear and see reports though! I'm kind of glad it's not going to be an epic Muppet jamboree as I'm now way too broke to attend:smile:

Maybe they'll have a Muppet themed weekend at Disneyland like they did with Tron Legacy this fall?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if Walter was at this event? It would make a bit of sense.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was at the Disney Store last night, and while I didn't see any Muppet stuff (besides the Vynalmations which were sold out and a couple Animal shirts), but I did see them on the big screen, and the words D23 were written all over the background. I don't know what they said, since I was just getting into the store when it happened, and I was too enthralled by the Phineas and Ferb stuff....

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Maybe they'll have a Muppet themed weekend at Disneyland like they did with Tron Legacy this fall?
Or you know how World of Color (the nighttime spectacular at California Adventure) often places a finale tag to the ending of the show, promoting one of the studio's newest major film releases (ie: Tron Legacy, Pirates 4, etc.)?

I think they could add a special finale tag to "World of Color" this winter, featuring clips from "The Muppets" and maybe set them to "Life's a Happy Song". :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I highly look forward to whatever shaky, possibly not legal footage of the Muppets at the convention.

Seriously. I'm all excited to hear all the fuzzy, furry, and foamy details.