Deja vu all over again

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm not sure if there's a difference in the result. :wink:
Party can dump politician and go for someone who they claim is different, politican wants to keep his job. There's the difference there.

Still, these rich people and investards keep dropping us in the hole, but they refuse to help to dig us out. Unlike any politician out there, they have absolutely no liabilities and can do whatever they want. THEY are the ones that are manipulating the system so they get the highest tax breaks... they're the ones that are supposed to create jobs (but investards REWARD these companies for layoffs and moving over seas).

What REALLY honks me off about these people is everytime the US has gotten back on its feet just a little, we go back in the hole for dots on the map like Greece because everyone's too stupid to realize it's a WORLD WIDE recession, and all reasons for every country is different... Japan's economy pre-Earthquake was terrible because their money is too strong (TOO STRONG!)... Why should we continue to suffer recessions because of Greece's BAD leadership when we've just recovered from OUR bad leadership. Every country should forgive every other countries debt. Just hit the reset button, start us anew and EVERYTHING will be better!

Still, get us the FRAG out of the Middle Freaking East! That's a no win no matter what. Get Russia to come in and build large oppressive walls in between all these countries like we did in WW2. Just... really, trillions of dollars down the drain, we didn't find weapons, we didn't stop hate groups, we didn't get oil, we didn't assert our world standing (if anything, it diminished), we got 2 useless boogiemen (Saddam and Osama) that the US pretty much helped into power... just leave, get huge walls built, and put the money back where it came from.

Oh... and do whatever it takes to ruin the credibility of the S&P... they HAVE none.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Party can dump politician and go for someone who they claim is different, politican wants to keep his job. There's the difference there.
Well I would agree except that there are far too many individual politicans who all too frequently (and bizarrely) shoot themselves in the foot. :stick_out_tongue:

At this point, I'd agree with leaving Afghanistan since very little is being accomplished. However, it will not be a happy day since we will be leaving so many human beings to cruel, oppressive fates while we enjoy our little bubble of prosperity (even during a recession we're still ten times luckier than they ever will be, and not because we particularly deserve it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
At this point, I'd agree with leaving Afghanistan since very little is being accomplished. However, it will not be a happy day since we will be leaving so many human beings to cruel, oppressive fates while we enjoy our little bubble of prosperity (even during a recession we're still ten times luckier than they ever will be, and not because we particularly deserve it).

Us dropping bombs on them and killing more innocent people than blood thirsty boogie men isn't going to change the hearts and minds of people who believe in barbaric ancient garbage that doesn't make sense. it was a misfire, we should STOP being the world's big brother because quite often we don't get anything in return. China is getting all the oil from these countries, not us.

I'd love to say, let's go into Somalia and Darfur and use a magic wand that will melt all the bad guys like the Nazis at the end of Raiders of the Lost Arc, but that's a cartoonish non-reality. When we go into these places, we basically kill more innocent, and the bad guys use that to recruit more bad guys. This is a lesson we have failed to learn. We were lucky with WW2, though, quite frankly, we came up with a scary bomb and used it. Why we didn't make the Manhattan Project scientists destroy any and all traces of research and take cyanide pills to keep this from ever reaching the wrong hands is beyond me, because it took no time at all to reach the wrong hands.

As much as I hated the idea of President Trump, he DID have one good idea. Start billing the other countries that need our help. Not for profit, just to take care of the expenses. We've been the baby sitters of Iraq since we killed the same schmuck we helped com into power. But did we have to help the fat lazy rentacop police force over there? We should've just left after that. Better yet, we should have never got in, let the people revolt and do our work for us.

And I wouldn't exactly call us "lucky" we have so many homeless and hungry in our country, it's a joke. Almost third world stuff. Once Katrina happened, there were all these warning signs we ignored. Then the economy tanked. No one learned that lesson.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And I wouldn't exactly call us "lucky" we have so many homeless and hungry in our country, it's a joke.
Try saying half the things you're saying here in a dictatorship nation and see how far you get.

I won't argue about the homeless though again, compare our homeless problem to other countries...there is no comparison.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But we shouldn't have to play big brother to the rest of the world when we can't even play big brother to our selves. Iraq's economy has completely boomed since we've been in there. Ours can't even find stability no matter how much money we throw at the rich.

As expected, the entire world's suffering from the credit downgrading. I don't see why the world can't forgive its debts and start a clean slate, it's dragging everyone down. It would be mutually beneficial.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------------------------
Yep, the East's natural-disaster woes destroyed markets here...yet more proof that it is indeed a GLOBAL economy. I agree we need to turn more to our own damage-control, and stop being GloboCop, unless it's sending aid and humanitarian troops to places like Somalia. (And what about Syria? And how long are we going to pretend the Saudis are nice guys??) But yes...no military action in the middle east ever changed people's opinions of us as intolerant buttinskis. Only ideology can fight dogma...and probably not even that, when the cultural errors (enslaving women and other races, tyranny of the lead sheik, no human rights to speak of) have been ingrained for literally a thousand years. I feel sorry for the folks in Afghanistan who may suffer when we go...but honestly if they won't rise up (c'mon, people, what happened to Arab Spring?) and HELP us fight the warlords and the Taliban and whatever nutcase is blowing innocents up today, we have zero chance of changing anything. It's South Vietnam all over again.

Anyone else laughing in dismayed hysteria at Palin's announcement that she "could win if she ran in 2012"? How frickin' deluded is THAT?
---------------------------------------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I feel sorry for the folks in Afghanistan who may suffer when we go...but honestly if they won't rise up (c'mon, people, what happened to Arab Spring?) and HELP us fight the warlords and the Taliban and whatever nutcase is blowing innocents up today, we have zero chance of changing anything.
You're right, you're very right. It is on them too to change things. Some don't want to, some are too afraid, most just don't have the resources. The extremists are louder and throw their weight around with violence.

Drtooth

Reaction score
----------------------------------------
Yep, the East's natural-disaster woes destroyed markets here...yet more proof that it is indeed a GLOBAL economy.
Which really bugs me. We keep giving these favors handouts and deregulations to our companies to save our country, and when we finally get our butts out of the fire some blip on the map gets in trouble, and we're back to where we started.

Seriously. Someone explain it to me. How do they keep justifying that these tax favors create jobs when we're losing them and companies are making record profits DESPITE the fact no one's buying anything, the unemployment is still high, and the rest of the world screwed up its own economy too? Something is WRONG here.

And I love the completely unreliable S&P hedge fund downgrading us a billionth of a point when they basically didn't warn us about ANYTHING in 2008, and didn't sound the alarm for Greece and Spain. Maybe if the US government made up it's debt amount and cooked the books like Enron, we'd've managed to keep our AAA rating (Enron did).

And I love the irony of the Peyote Tea party politicians complaining about the president's lack of leadership. No argument there. If he was a leader, he would have shut you losers up long ago, instead of giving in. Though, it's like a fat spoiled kid that gets whatever it wants when it cries loudly in a store, even at age 10 saying "Jeez Mom! You REALLY screwed me up, didn't you?" Hey, I thought they wanted the default and the low credit rating because then we can own slaves again or something that follows their psychotic 1800's political desires.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When it comes down to it, the Tea Party has two parents: The Democrats and The Republicans.

1. The Democrats belittled and scoffed at voters for not being as "smart" as they were. They wanted to fight for the working class, but they disliked working class people. Hence, many voters felt disconnected from the Democratic party.

2. Enter the Republicans who took advantage of this dissatisfaction and played into the voters' fears and pretended to share their values.

The result = The Tea Party was born. It was inevitable really.