"The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

beaker

Reaction score
So, as I suspected, the "new Muppet trailer" was a rumor/hoax. Theyd never release a new full trailer so close to the first.

Well fanfics are generally thrown into the same tableaux as furries, rabid Sonic fans, pairshippers(fanfic of pairings between two male lead characters), and 4chan users. Though I know college educated girls in their late 20's and 30's into fanfics...as there's fanfics for virtually every known cartoon/manga/anime/film/tv show/book series that has any sort of following. Heck, I've even seen Chuck E Cheese fanfic sites.
I'm wondering just how fanfic/fanservicey they will go with the new film:smile:

Right now I'm just waiting for the Smurfs garbage to go away(somehow I feel nauseated every time I hear or see anything related to that) And then from there, nothing but felty foam gloriousness. You know, just the fact they say "Muppet Domination Nov 23rd" as the tagline makes me happy...sounds like something I woulda come up with.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Though I know college educated girls in their late 20's and 30's into fanfics...as there's fanfics for virtually every known cartoon/manga/anime/film/tv show/book series that has any sort of following.
*sniffle* I like fanfics, and I'm a college-educated girl in her early 30's....

You know the difference between a fanfic (assuming it's well done) and what's in a bookstore? The author getting paid. That's about it. Kirk didn't die! He was assimilated by the Borg! (And THAT'S from Shatner!)

Princess Leia was abducted by some pheromone-spewing lizard guy (ok, the only book I've ever actually read so far about a certain property that wasn't just a novelization of a show/movie is Shadows of the Empire, but dang, it was good, LOL).

*as patriotic music begins to swell and the US flag appears in the background* I have a dream ... a dream where, one day, fanfics can be appreciated as literature in their own right. Sure, there is a lot of crap out there. Sure, there is a lot of shipping/softcore/hardcore stuff out there. But, but ... fanfiction is a product of love by people who aren't satisfied sometimes that original official writers don't want to cover something. Or perhaps we can offer a spin on a story that was implied but never really dealt with. Or maybe we liked a 3rd-tier character more than the passing cameo he or she deserved in that show. *sniffle* Fleshing out the lives of our favorite characters or settings is our God-given right. We help characters stay alive. *salutes and bows*

LOL. :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
You know the difference between a fanfic (assuming it's well done) and what's in a bookstore? The author getting paid. That's about it. Kirk didn't die! He was assimilated by the Borg! (And THAT'S from Shatner!)
LIKE!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh, if it's done well, a fan fic is all right by me. I mean, Sonic the Comic Online is one of the most dedicated fan fics out there, continuing a beloved version of the character that was taken down before it's time.

I'll take anything as long as it isn't just... I dunno... what do you call it when they just randomly pair up characters together so they can... you know...

Duke Remington

Reaction score
So, as I suspected, the "new Muppet trailer" was a rumor/hoax. Theyd never release a new full trailer so close to the first.
:sigh: I sure hope someone confirms that they saw it and tell us about the newest trailer soon, so they can confirm that it's not a rumor or hoax. :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
:sigh: I sure hope someone confirms that they saw it and tell us about the newest trailer soon, so they can confirm that it's not a rumor or hoax. :frown:
Yeah, if it's not hitched to Smurfs, it would likely be stuck together with Spy Kids. And say what you will about Smurfs, at least that movie has an audience (for Lord knows what reason), Spy Kids just doesn't seem like anyone will see it, being in August and all. And being a sequel to a franchise that ended when the last kids went through puberty. The girl spy is an adult and HOT now... that's just WRONG!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I've been meaning to say this for a while but I love the fact that Scooter's jeans are so trendy. The Scooter from TMS (and my Scooter snuggle doll) are both wearing bargain-type denims. Nice to see a little geek chic! (Now, if we could just get him into a cool Zombie t-shirt!)