NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Oh...my...god :embarrassed:

Disney REALLY needs to appoint someone in charge of quality control with the Muppets!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Holy molie, that's a TERRIBLE cover. Yeah I definitely am not buying this.

Why would you? If you have the comics, you HAVE it already! :crazy:

Anything I can say at this point is redundant... I ALWAYS felt this was a stupid idea, I don't know how this is going to appeal to anyone... meanwhile I picked up and thumbed through the Phineas and Ferb Across the Second Dimension magazine... Original comics?!? Fun articles?! Existentialist Bookmarks?!?! (not kidding) An ACTUAL magazine format?!?! I hope to see a PROPER Muppet movie magazine around the time the film comes out, like they have with roughly everything else.

But funny thing... remember when I was complaining about how stupid this was and everyone said I was being negative and to shut up? Yeah... crummy non-indicative cover.... but then again, don't we all have the original 4 comics, the reprints, or the GN reprints by now?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nooooo! i dont have all the Boom Muppet comics! :dreamy:

Well, than, this thing's for YOU!!! :big_grin:

Yeah, it's a nice way for people who weren't able to get the comics... but they could have put a LITTLE more effort into the cover.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i like it, i dont see anthing majorly wrong with the piggy cover! :smirk: i think some people are waaaaaay over dramatizing it tho. :sigh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The fact that it's not indicative of what's inside other than Piggy is a clear problem. if there are future issues, I'm sure they'll have other single characters. However, a Purple cover with just Piggy sends the message to the children this magazine is intended for that it's a girl's magazine.

But why not a cover with ALL the characters? That's my question.

Still, I hope to see a one shot Muppet movie magazine like they have had for all the other Disney movies (including movies with Marvel characters from other studios) with articles. That Phineas and Ferb magazine was brilliant. I wish I bought it at Borders at 40% off...

Drtooth

Reaction score
This was clearly just for kids. if they did anything for fans, they'd listen to them and just release the last 4 issues in comic book form that the fans actually want. I don't see anyone over the age of 10 buying these unless they missed out on the comics the firt second and third go around. it DOES reach a higher audience than comic book stores, yes. Kids do go to those places, but not every kid.

Still, I want to see a Magazine in the vein of the Phineas and Ferb ones with original short comics.

Walter

Reaction score
Yeah, the cover isn't the best.. but like Dr.Tooth said, I completely missed out on the original comics run.. I'd like to buy this just so I can get an idea of what the comics are like :wink: