"The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

beaker

Reaction score
Yet another amazing blunder on the part of Disney's "buildup" to the movie(post tip to Dr Tooth)

Who the heck would actually buy this? EEeesh. It's not even a real magazine, but just dull colored reprints of Boom comics with hardly any credit given to the original production.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yet another amazing blunder on the part of Disney's "buildup" to the movie(post tip to Dr Tooth)
I've been complaining about that for the past several moths, and I don't think it has anything to do with the movie promotion, per se, but the fact that it's QUITE obvious the Pixar and Muppet license were a bundle deal, and when one expired, they both did.

Considering how much effort and time they spend on marketing Pixar stuff, their bread and butter, they did the same exact thing to Cars. And, apparently Incredibles didn't get to finish it's run either and left on a cliffhanger. So I do NOT think the Muppets is special in the context that they let company consolidation reprint already released Pixar and Muppet comics under the banner of Marvel which wouldn't touch Pixar, Muppet, or Mickey comics with a 20000 foot pole if they can just market kid friendly versions of Spidey and the rest.

I'd LOVE for them to say this was a huge mistake and give it back to Boom, but that's never going to happen. We're going to have to wait years to get the 4 issues we were supposed to get earlier this year.

Still... the paper is slightly better than Cars (which ALSO robs credit AND has ads for Marvel comics).... and this is going to be bought by people who couldn't get the comics. But other than that, I REALLY wish they got an extension and published the 4 Seasons arc before that stupid thing came out.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
And underneath the Rowlf Moopet we see some green fur and teeth. I'm not sure who this character is.
Could it maybe be Fred the Dragon?

Speaking of the harder-to-spot characters in the poster, I can also see Gloat hidden behind the Cactus at the very top.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around Floyd in jeans and chucks...

But anyway, the poster looks slightly better then the international one, buuuuut I still dont like the clutter look.

The standee is...despite photoshopped...amazing. I"m gonna have to attempt to get to my only theater (45 minutes away) to see if they have this thing when the movie comes out. (Because dorky me needs a picture of me standing near it)

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Question: Was there anybody who saw 'Smurfs,' who noticed if there was a Muppet trailer attached to it or not? Just curious.

Drtooth

Reaction score
One person did, but they didn't mention anything. I'd hate to see it attached to Spy Kids 4, since... come on. Has Weinstine had any luck with any of the not so long awaited sequel movies this year?

SSLFan

Reaction score
So, when do you think they'll start advertising this thing on TV?

Drtooth

Reaction score
That stuff NEVER starts popping up any earlier than 2 months before the film's due date. With the exception of trailers shown during the Super Bowl, not even the highest profile movies get TV spots until the 1-2 month mark.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
not till atleast September its still way to early for TV spots that would just get stale and lost by November, now if this was in the style of summer Blockbusters i could see TV spots and trailer a few months ahead