2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I suspect this approximate running time is a cap rather than the actual number. It's easy to imagine Disney telling the film's producers that it should not exceed 120 minutes. I wish more studios would do that. :embarrassed:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
It even seems the longer some parents have there kids in the movie theater, the longer they won't have to work as hard. (I know im terrible... :oops:) But I agree with you Jamie, Disney throughout some if its faults does make sure most of there films has a story, and its fully fledged out, with the help of the Pixar people especially, I feel that this movie should be 2 hours, for the audience to really know the Muppets, because us in return as fans, we know them, but some people may not (specifically the children who weren't raised on The Muppets.)

(Throws a penguin) :zany:

outerelf

Reaction score
Okay, just out of curiousity, how many of you think that the movie really will end with an explosion and some penguins- I've always been told that if you don't know how to end something, just throw them in and you're good.

And, on a slightly more serious note- how much screen time is going to be devoted to Amy Adams and Jason Segal? Their there, but hopefully they aren't taking up too much time. And I for one will be angry if the first hour is all about the two humans. Serious.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Okay, just out of curiousity, how many of you think that the movie really will end with an explosion and some penguins- I've always been told that if you don't know how to end something, just throw them in and you're good.

And, on a slightly more serious note- how much screen time is going to be devoted to Amy Adams and Jason Segal? Their there, but hopefully they aren't taking up too much time. And I for one will be angry if the first hour is all about the two humans. Serious.
We have Walter to break the human dynamic, it's kind of sad we have to have humans to carry on The Muppets, but I have faith in Jason and the team. Look at Muppets Take Manhattan, they managed to pull a plot with Pete and his daughter AND the Muppets and intertwine the two to make it work. Let's hope Segel can do the same. :cluck::zany:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think the film will end with outtakes over the credits. That was the best part of Muppets Tonight and I think the mainstream public deserves that treat.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Not to mention, Muppet outtakes are some of the funniest things ever seen (and add to the reality of the Muppets themselves). The S DC Almost Live outtakes are brilliant.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Spoilers, maybe, ish.

I saw over at The Muppet Mindset (plug, Ryan, plug) that they had been filming extra (or re-filming) some of the (SPOILER?) final scenes of the movie.

I wonder if that scene was originally written with just Piggy/Kermit, Jason/Amy, and that now they have decided to make it the "Muppets all join in at the end" moment, like in TMM. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out!!!