2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm still very conflicted about a 2 hour Muppet movie.

On the one hand, a Muppet Movie that's 2 hours? Fans will love it. But a Family movie that's 2 hours that isn't a sweeping epic about Boy Wizards? That may just scare some away. If we want to see this film do well (leading to more Muppet projects and HOPEFULLY back release), we have to figure in that the general populous and more casual people wanting to see it too.

Needless to say, there's also the Toy Story toon as well, and that may just also count as run time. But that can't possibly be over 6 minutes long.
Most people, even with kids, don't check the running length. :wink:

It's all tentative until we received a more official source on the matter. I'd say anywhere in between 90 and 110 minutes is the ideal length on all fronts. Holiday family films are usually front-loaded with ads and previews so parents expect a little more time in the theater.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think 2 hours is too bad. It's when it's 3 hours that most people get annoyed because it really takes up the whole day.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I'd like to think a 2-hour running time for the movie will be a very good thing. As someone else said, it'll allow more time to tell a really fleshed-out story.

Another advantage that I see to the running time is that it'll allow more time to show and re-introduce even more long-lost Muppet characters. :big_grin:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Another advantage that I see to the running time is that it'll allow more time to show and re-introduce even more long-lost Muppet characters. :big_grin:
Considering that there is going to be a 20-minute subplot involving Wayne and Wanda posing as Walter's parents, it will have to have some sort of length to fit in the other stories such as the one involving Thog as Paris Hilton's new pet.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Considering that there is going to be a 20-minute subplot involving Wayne and Wanda posing as Walter's parents, it will have to have some sort of length to fit in the other stories such as the one involving Thog as Paris Hilton's new pet.
Where did you hear about those sub-plots? A news article or something? :confused:

Heard of any other similar character subplots?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:embarrassed:Hahaha! You're funny! :laugh: I'd see that movie too. Well, the Wayne and Wanda one. I'd only watch the Paris Hilton one if she gets eaten by a Muppet monster early on. :coy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to think a 2-hour running time for the movie will be a very good thing. As someone else said, it'll allow more time to tell a really fleshed-out story.

Hey, I'm ALL for a 2 hour running time. I'm all for an Andy Warhol-esque 8 hour runtime... but our culture is either to have 3 hour sweeping epics or 90 minute shorties... well, the culture that the big multiplexes WANT us to have, anyway.

I have no problem with a 2 hour run, making that perfectly clear.... but I'd hate to see reviews say "dragging 2 hour run time" scaring people into seeing bad penguin movies. That's my primary concern right there.

But then again, I don't want it too be ultra short and full of truncated plot points like LTS was. Personal tastes= I like a 2 hour run time... concern= I'm wondering if that may scare some off. Hopefully it won't, and my concerns are just worrywarting, but we all want this thing to do well.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hey, I'm ALL for a 2 hour running time. I'm all for an Andy Warhol-esque 8 hour runtime... but our culture is either to have 3 hour sweeping epics or 90 minute shorties... well, the culture that the big multiplexes WANT us to have, anyway.

I have no problem with a 2 hour run, making that perfectly clear.... but I'd hate to see reviews say "dragging 2 hour run time" scaring people into seeing bad penguin movies. That's my primary concern right there.

But then again, I don't want it too be ultra short and full of truncated plot points like LTS was. Personal tastes= I like a 2 hour run time... concern= I'm wondering if that may scare some off. Hopefully it won't, and my concerns are just worrywarting, but we all want this thing to do well.
Well, look at Toy Story 3, that was an hour and 50 minutes, just ten minutes short of 2 hours, and that had no problems. If they milk the advertising of this film wisely, it should go off without a hitch, much like TS3