Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

Drtooth

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, the Sesame Street DVD after Elmo's Music Magic will be Elmo's Shape Adventure. Currently there's no cover image or description. We'll probably see the cover soon and learn more details, but for now we don't know if it'll be a release of street stories, an all-original plot, a mix of original footage and past clips, or what. The suspense is a bit exciting, though I predict this release won't be too special (unless it has the sketch with two Anything Muppets drawing shapes or any Kermit segment involving shapes).
I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming "Shape-o-bots" episode is on there...

But really, they are milking these Elmo videos for all they're worth. I'm glad we get stuff like Best of Spoofs, but I hope it does well enough to get them the message that collectors like DVD's too. Or at least another spoof set.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ehhh... I was hoping Shape-o-bots was a subliminal Transformers parody, but whatever.. any excuse to reuse character variants , Am I right?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppet Wiki now lists all the street stories in it. It'll have four street stories, and for a DVD themed around shapes, three of them are about triangles. I would think more variety should be in order, though I don't know how many street stories there are concerning shapes that are not triangles.

Anyway, the other street stories will be The Golden Triangle of Destiny (which was already included in Elmo and Friends: Tales of Adventure), Baby Bear getting the triangle lovers crown, and Telly participating in a traingles toss game.

I hope they fit in a few inserts about other shapes into the main program, even if they are not classic, even if they've already been released on video.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Ignore what was there before. The user who added was just assuming.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I saw the info changed at Muppet Wiki, though when looking at the editing history page it just said a confusing "we don't even know if the triangle and square street scenes will be included" (what square street scenes???).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After Elmo's Shape Adventure will come Bye-Bye Pacifire! Big Kid Stories with Elmo. It will include the street story where Baby Bear tries to get Curly to give up her pacifire.

I definately think I'll pass on this one. I can't think of any segments I want on DVD that would fit the theme of this release.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I found a promo for Elmo's Music Magic: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi484678681/

Still no sign of whether any classic songs will be included, but this promo says that it'll contain 13 songs (I wonder if that'll include the songs from the featured street story) plus two new songs: "Comeback Cookie" with Cookie Monster, and a new performance of "One Small Voice" with Elmo (I wonder if these will be exclusive to the DVD or if they'll appear in season 42).

The promo also features clips of Sugarland singing "Songs" and John Legend singing "It Feels Good When You Sing a Song". Interestingly, I didn't notice any of the confirmed song clips in the promo at all (I wonder if this'll be a "Pinball Number Count on Old School Vol. 1"/"Miami Mice on Best of Sesame Street Spoofs" thing).

EDIT TO ADD: I was looking at the Muppet Wiki page for the featured episode, reading the description and counting all instances of characters singing, if all those instances count as songs (or seperate songs). If they do, then I counted six songs, plus four in the promo which totals ten, plus three that were announced in the press release, which brings a total of 13 songs. We might just know all the contents already. But if this release has any bonus clips (and we don't yet know whether it will) I wonder if bonus clips would count among the 13 songs. Considering all the DVDs released this year that include classic clips (including DVDs aimed for the current target audience) it'll be a shock to me if no classics are included, whether they've been released on DVD already or not.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I only counted 10 songs. The Music Magic episode has only three songs (not counting the dialogue in between). Then, there's about 5 insert songs and the two new ones. That makes 10, not 13.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, after seeing the promo for the video, I feel that the three songs that were announced (1234, What I Am, Outdoors) seem out of place with what's in the preview. Maybe that's just me, though. We have only a few weeks until this is out and we can see for ourselves if those songs are included.

Just yesterday, before I saw the promo, I was actually thinking to myself, if Elmo's Music Magic does not have any classic clips, I would be satysfied only if everything on there was stuff shot in HD. But it does have the John Legend clip which I think is from before the switch to HD. Actually there have been a lot of great songs in the last couple of years (I Like My Hair, I Wonder). I wonder if those will be included.