Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The description says "and favorite Sesame Street songs", so there may be more. I would like them to put "I Wonder" on there though!
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it included the recent hit "I Like My Hair" (maybe before or after "What I Am", since both are about pride... I could very well see "What I Am" saved for the end of the video). I'm hoping that the one street story listed is the only one included (I could be wrong, but you never know).

I just hope it doesn't include ANOTHER release of Rubber Duckie (unless it's the original), C is for Cookie (I wouldn't mind it having the 1998 version, as the only video release of that is in the mash-up in C is for Cookie Monster), Monster in the Mirror, Elmo's Song, and Doin' the Pigeon. I wonder what the chances would be of it having anything from the first season. I also wonder what the chances would be of it having such rarities (in video form) as The Sound of the Letter A or Counting is Wonderful.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, the DVD release after Learning Letters with Elmo will be "Elmo's Music Magic", which will contain the street story from episode 4220 as well as musical segments, including the first-ever DVD release of "What I Am", the third release of "1234", and the second release of "Outdoors" (now when it comes to release numbers, I'm just assumming "Best of Sesame Street Spoofs" won't have "1234" or "Outdoors").
I'm hoping best of spoofs doesn't have 1234 or Outdoors because... let's face it. Best of? They can do better. MUCH better.

Seriously... Outdoors sadly has better lyrics than the original. I heard it, and it sounded like he made up everything on the spot and wasn't very good at making stuff up on the spot.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm hoping best of spoofs doesn't have 1234 or Outdoors because... let's face it. Best of? They can do better. MUCH better.
Well, I really like the "1234" parody. I was a fan of the original song and music video before it was parodied (and before it was featured in an iPod Nano commercial). But I hope we don't see one new DVD release of that every year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You probably seen the listings, so I guess we can both confirm that NONE of those celebrities will be singing their own parodies of their songs. Just the good honest sound a likes by Muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at Muppet Wiki, it mentions that Learning Letters with Elmo will have three street stories. It was said that it'll have The A-Team episode in addition to the previously-mentioned episodes (Fetch the J and Elmo changes his name to Jelmo). With the announced running time of 50-minutes and the street stories being 10-15 minutes long I doubt there'll be segments for every letter. But I noticed the description at Muppet Wiki mentions "Animation and songs with Elmo and Cookie Monster". I know that the Elmo and Cookie Monster line followed the songs part, but with "and songs" following the animation part, I wonder if that means it'll have those animation segments with the characters (it won't surprise me).

Well, I guess it won't have any classic segments, unless the release has a bonus clip. Maybe I shouldn't complain, since we got plenty of classic clips on DVD this year (in Silly Storytime and Best of Sesame Spoofs, plus some classic People in Your Neighborhood clips on Elmo's World: People in Your Neighborhood, and Forty Blocks from My Home on Elmo's Travel Songs and Games) and we just got several formerly rare classic episodes on iTunes.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I really don't like these "Three street story" DVDs, since they're comprised of nothing but episodes re-ran to death on TV and those lame celebrity word of the day bits. I mean, most of the stuff on the Wild Words DVD is on SS.org; why would you pay $14 dollars for it if it has nothing new to offer?

The only reason I see why we have these is because of SW's budget. They probably can't afford to film linking footage for videos, so they have to cut back on them. We've only had one DVD this year with new linking footage. Those kinds of DVDs aren't bogged down with long street stories to fill a running time, so we get to have a wider variety of segments, including classic ones.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The only reason I see why we have these is because of SW's budget. They probably can't afford to film linking footage for videos, so they have to cut back on them. We've only had one DVD this year with new linking footage. Those kinds of DVDs aren't bogged down with long street stories to fill a running time, so we get to have a wider variety of segments, including classic ones.
And despite that, going by the sketch listing for Elmo's Travel Games and Songs at Muppet Wiki, it still only has five inserts, focusing the most on the new footage.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the list there is incomplete.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't like these "Three street story" DVDs, since they're comprised of nothing but episodes re-ran to death on TV and those lame celebrity word of the day bits. I mean, most of the stuff on the Wild Words DVD is on SS.org; why would you pay $14 dollars for it if it has nothing new to offer?

I wonder if it's both SW's low budget and WHV's general... I dunno... screwy-ness... I mean, WHV has a history of releasing unfinished DVD sets, lame single disk releases that no one actually buys, refusal to pay the extra bit for special features when they DO release a box set and just... generally I have a lot of problems with how they handle everything.

I don't see the point of current season stories on DVD rightaway. I mean, sure, I wish I got the Super Hero compilation, and I would buy the one with the A-Team... but other than that, why pay for something you can see for free on television? Yet, there's a LOT of storylines from season 33 onward that should get a release since they aren't common.

I like the attempt with Best of Spoofs and putting a few classic clips on the DVD's... but I really think they should step up and make OTHER compilation disks of older segments.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, the Sesame Street DVD after Elmo's Music Magic will be Elmo's Shape Adventure. Currently there's no cover image or description. We'll probably see the cover soon and learn more details, but for now we don't know if it'll be a release of street stories, an all-original plot, a mix of original footage and past clips, or what. The suspense is a bit exciting, though I predict this release won't be too special (unless it has the sketch with two Anything Muppets drawing shapes or any Kermit segment involving shapes).