International skits on Youtube...

ISNorden

Reaction score
One little problem with adapting "ABC-DEF-GHI" and other US alphabet songs to Plaza Sésamo: the last time I checked, the Spanish alphabet didn't drop Ñ when the 1990s reform passed. It'd throw the rhythm off, true--but you'd think the writers would find a solution that kept the alphabet intact. [wishes the boards had a Rosita smiley...]

ISNorden

Reaction score
It's seems Plaza Sesamo has their own YouTube channel now! Here's a familiar tune:

[link to "C Is for Cookie" dub]
Now, if only some fan in Sweden had that first album of dubbed songs from Svenska Sesam; Cookie Monster sings about the letter K in that version. (Wonder if he ever did the Swedish translation on TV as well?) :insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also managed to find "Somebody Come and Play" and "I don't want to live on the moon" as well.

Oscarfan's alternative Spanish YT account has a couple others (Who are the People in your Neighborhood... and the Fuzzy and Blue I posted a while back)...

I find this highly interesting. Much better than just dubbing the songs over. Rerecording them with their own characters... and I really think what they did with C is for Cookie was pretty brilliant.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I find Germany's rescoring of songs quite fascinating. Why, they even redid If I knew you were coming, I'd've Baked a Cake! I'm too lazy to post it now.