The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

zns

Reaction score
There was a song Maria and Luis did sometime in the early 90's. It started with Luis reading a storybook to some kids on the stoop. Maria walks up and asks what he's doing and Luis tells, continuing with the story. As he reads, we dissolve into a Spanish neighborhood with the couple dressed in Spanish garb inviting the kids (in song) to come into one of their houses, until they both decide to cooperate, or something like that. If anyone has that number, could they please upload it onto Youtube? Thank you and God bless.

Wiseman

Reaction score
on the outside I'm very calm

There's this song that I've heard on Muppet Radio that starts "On the Outside, I'm Very Calm" it then describes how the singer is on the inside where everything is wild a spiral in a circle in wheel in the windmills of my mind or something like that. I was trying to find it on youtube and muppet wiki, but with no luck anyone know about it.

anytimepally

Reaction score

SmartTina

Reaction score
I know exactly which one you're talking about, and this one made me so intensely sad when I was a child. I remember crying and crying whenever I saw it or thought about it - ****, I'm almost 30 and haven't seen it in years, and I get teary just thinking about it.

Sorry this isn't much of a help!

SmartTina

Reaction score
I'm trying to view and reconnect with all the cool Animated SS clips I remember.

I searched some wikis, youtube and the sesame street site and couldn't find it.
  • I'm 99% sure it was sesame street
  • It was animated art (no muppets). I estimate 30 seconds maybe?
  • No voice, just a very catchy tune..dee-dee-dee-deedee de :sing:, kind of a whistle, flute, or violin type tone.
  • Involved forests and trees, and I believe a bird IIRC. One or more getting cut down and replanted
  • I would say late 80s-early 90s. I don't know if it was earlier seasons.
Any clues?:smile:
Thanks!
I know exactly which one you're talking about, and this one made me so intensely sad when I was a child. I remember crying and crying whenever I saw it or thought about it - ****, I'm almost 30 and haven't seen it in years, and I get teary just thinking about it.

Sorry this isn't much of a help!

torontoguy

Reaction score
I'm trying to view and reconnect with all the cool Animated SS clips I remember.

I searched some wikis, youtube and the sesame street site and couldn't find it.
  • I'm 99% sure it was sesame street
  • It was animated art (no muppets). I estimate 30 seconds maybe?
  • No voice, just a very catchy tune..dee-dee-dee-deedee de :sing:, kind of a whistle, flute, or violin type tone.
  • Involved forests and trees, and I believe a bird IIRC. One or more getting cut down and replanted
  • I would say late 80s-early 90s. I don't know if it was earlier seasons.
Any clues?:smile:
Thanks!

what your talking about sounds like the "Willie Wimple" cartoon shorts. there were 3 of them and your question sounds like the forest one. i only remember the water polution one and it still scared the crap out of me to this day. i cannot watch them or i will go into a funk/daze. hope that helped.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Another one...

This is from the early 1970s (between seasons 2-5):

A small pink AM girl (performed by Carroll Spinney) and Little Bird (seen in a cage) are in a hole/window on top of the gray building in the Arbor Area.

GIRL: This bird is my (holds up sign reading PET)...pet.

LB: Hey look, I'm getting tired of this cage. So why don't you be the pet bird for a while?

Then it ends with Little Bird sliding the cage towards the girl, making her the pet, and the bird fleeing away.

eday2010

Reaction score
There is a two-second clip from the A&E Biography where Carol Spinney is talking about the original Big Bird puppet with Susan singing "Hey, Big Bird!". It's definitely from the 70s. That two-second excerpt has made me want to see the entire clip, but I cannot find it since I don't even know what it's called. Anybody?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay- I just ran across this on Muppet Wiki- http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_4147

This episode sounds really close to the episode I recall from the 1980s- especially since there is an orange involved in both.
(See this post for details.)
And this post.

Does anyone remember an episode with a similar plot in the 1980s? I recall a similar scene with the Street story starting with Telly putting down his orange in the arbor area, walking off, and then coming back to find it missing. As the story progresses, we find that there is an epidemic of things going missing on Sesame Street. I do believe Big Bird gets struck at his nest either right afterwards or later on. The only other thing I can recall is that at the end of the Street story, it turns out that there was a monster going around stealing things. Maria and Big Bird and perhaps some others finally capture him at Big Bird's nest. They explain to him that taking things that are not yours without asking is wrong and it's called stealing. Maria tells him that if he wants something, he should ask to borrow it and then if the person lets him borrow it, that is fine.
I know I've asked about this episode before, but I still hold out hope that someone might recall this and offer some help in tracking it down. I'm not positive, but I think the monster may have been Old MacDougal - though I think he was a taller monster- perhaps a full body monster.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

luvoldsesame

Reaction score
Hi there.
Since youtube has been posting old sesame street skits, Ive started to remember fragments of old skits and was hoping people might remember and can fill in the blanks or link me to some of them.

One I vaguely remember involves a female puppet who keeps sitting down on a seat that crunches and another puppet that keeps coming in wearing the wrong costume and the final one he wears is right which is a spider and she totally freaks out. I just remember laughing so much at it. Can anyone remember this one and is it on youtube?

Another one is a long skit involving all the cast I think. Big Bird thinks everyone has forgotten his birthday and then a song starts up about how everyone pretended to forget so they could give him a surprise. I remember it starts with gordon in a turban, 2 kids and maria dressed as charlie chaplin each popping up from behind the wall near big birds nest. They each sing surprise then maria has a pie thrown in her face and gordon sings "you really wont believe it, you wont believe your eyes, when everyone is laughing and throwing custard pies". At least I think that was it. Then there are a heap of little skits involving muppets and human cast members with a lot of slapstick, pie throwing type stuff based around the concept of surprise, with a choir of the cast singing Surprise. I think there was a part in a bakers where maria and david who is dressed as a baker stand next to one another, and david holds up a pie to throw at maria, but maria puts a pie in his face first, then bob and mr hooper suddenly appear either side of maria, each holding a pie and go to put them in her face, but she ducks and they both pie each other. I also remember Bob dressed as a keystone cop in the choir singing opera like, and david ducking as a pie is thrown in bobs face. And I think Bob had snow or something dumped on him? I just cant remember the rest of it. Anyone know which one this was?

The last one is where Guy Smiley is doing some game show and this totally manic woman is a guest and keeps screaming. I just remember she had enormous earrings and screamed all the time. Again, it made me laugh alot.