"The Green Album" track list and album artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I can imagine a trip through the Muppet Theater in the same vein. Oooh, that would be sweet.

beaker

Reaction score
Whatt? No Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem, Florence and the Machine, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Killers, Interpol, Franz Ferdinand, MGMT, Animal Collective, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Arctic Monkeys, Grizzly Bear, Metric, Muse, etc? I thought this was suppose to be a collection of hip newer artists? :smile: (maybe im a bit of an indie hipster, ha)

I do like some of OK Go though...just an odd choice of artists

Also, no "Can You Picture That" cover???

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how some of the songs that weren't written for the Muppets were chosen. Mahna Mahna makes sense, but I feel Wishing Song and Mr. Bassman are a bit odd choices for some reason. Why not Turn the World Around or Rockin' Robin or We Got Us?

I have noticed that all of the Muppet Show songs featured are songs that have been released on Muppet albums. Why not some songs done on the show that didn't get a Muppet release?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
This looks awesome. I will be buying.

I do like the art work on that CD as well.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Waitaminute... are there any actual Muppets singing on this cd?!? I sure hope so. I dunno, I just heard about this album a few days ago, just assumed that it was the name of the soundtrack for the new movie. Duh me I guess, ha ha. :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON MY BIRTHDAY!!! WOO-HOO!!!

Waitaminute... are there any actual Muppets singing on this cd?!? I sure hope so. I dunno, I just heard about this album a few days ago, just assumed that it was the name of the soundtrack for the new movie. Duh me I guess, ha ha. :stick_out_tongue:
No, as far as I know, it is only cover artists (and I've only heard of a small number of them).

One thing that would have been cool would be if this album included a track from The Moopets. Though maybe it'd make sense after the new movie came out, when more people would be aware of those characters. And yet it would make sense to come before, since it'd be before the Muppets got back together.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We don't know to what extent the Moopets will do in the movie, and even then, I'm sure movie related stuff will come out closer to the movie than that. Wasn't this album around for 2 years before the release?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.