"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

Drtooth

Reaction score
That puts me in an awkward situation. I definitely want to see Cars 2... and the ONLY time I like going to 3-D films is when they're animated... and even then, I ONLY do Pixar and Dreamworks. Seems for some reason, it's the ONLY thing that works that way (especially since I was forced to see Green Lantern in 3-D and it just made it come across muddled and dark). There's basically a 2-3 dollar price difference I'd overlook (I wind up seeing these things less than 10 bucks each anyway) and seeing the Muppet Trailer on the Big screen with an audience seems to be an arm twister.

That said, VERY disappointed they didn't put the Muppet Green Lantern parody trailer BEFORE Green Lantern.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That puts me in an awkward situation. I definitely want to see Cars 2... and the ONLY time I like going to 3-D films is when they're animated... and even then, I ONLY do Pixar and Dreamworks. Seems for some reason, it's the ONLY thing that works that way (especially since I was forced to see Green Lantern in 3-D and it just made it come across muddled and dark). There's basically a 2-3 dollar price difference I'd overlook (I wind up seeing these things less than 10 bucks each anyway) and seeing the Muppet Trailer on the Big screen with an audience seems to be an arm twister.

That said, VERY disappointed they didn't put the Muppet Green Lantern parody trailer BEFORE Green Lantern.
I'm usually and advocate for 2D, but if you are to see the new Cars, see it in 3D. It's not a bad film, but it is more gimmick than movie and 3D glasses are part of the point. It is the worst reviewed film in Pixar history. Still, that's like complaining about the quality of mediocre caviar to fine caviar. The box office figures were strong and solid even though they fell below expectations. This movie was always about the toys and those will sell like crazy. I have no doubt they'll make a Cars 3 someday.

No Muppet trailer, but the Pooh one was fantastic!

beaker

Reaction score
Wait, so that ho hum muppets trailer aimed at little kids...wasnt shown for Cars 2? I thought that's why it was cut like that?

Oh man I cant stand Dreamworks animation or most other non Pixar animation.
Though I will say Im a HUUUUGE Monsters vs Aliens fan...sadly, their least well performing film I think. I just think DWA animation is sub par and I just never been able to get into it. Well, to be fair as bad as the animation is(or I should say, massively dated) I kind of liked Madagascar 1 and 2.Speaking of bare bones generic animation, how is Ice Age so popular?

Puss n Boots is coming out? What is that, like the tenth Shrek movie?(if you include the tv movies, 3d film from years ago, etc) Ive never seen a Shrek film and never plan to either. Just something about the look and the whole vibe of it puts me off.

Also sadly Cars 2 will have to be the first Pixar film I avoid...just nothing about it appeals to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, poverty and cheapness won out and I saw the 2-D version. Plus, there was this whole thing where they ran BOTH versions of the movie in one theater in the place I wanted to see it, so I'd have to have seen it REALLY early (1:00, meaning I'd have to leave at 11:00 to get there) or go somewhere else. I hate to admit it, but I RULLY dug it. I liked it a decent amount more that the first, if NOTHING else for the fact they got out of that dirty old town and showed some great universe re-designed scenery. And The Japanese toilet scene was just...and remember, I usually hate toilet sequences and immature stuff like that, but it actually killed me. I laughed at a toilet scene! I'm not proud.

Anyway... Muppet trailer:

There WAS one... just... it WASN'T the new one. It was still the Green with Envy trailer... I'm mixed about it... I find it stronger and more grabbing than the actual official one (though not as intriguing as Green Lantern). But really, the 3 films I've seen (Kung Fu Panda, Green Lantern, and Cars 2) I've seen that Furshluggener Puss in Boots Trailer all three times and the Muppet one only twice. It's not that I wouldn't like to see Puss in Boots, but I don't like the fact it's the main competition.

Now, I gotta talk about that other trailer....

Crappy... err Happy Feet 2. Now, as much as I LOVE Robin Williams I outright refuse to watch the first one. But I really felt visually and audibly assaulted by how terrible that looks. Songs that were briefly popular 3-4 years ago? Penguins "Bringing sexy Back?" NOOOOO Thank you! No no no! Just no. I'll be depressed if PIB takes a bite out of the Muppet movie BO sure... but if a bunch of crappy hip hop animals that AREN'T even popular anymore makes a dent, I'll NEVER let it down. The only Penguins I want to see dance on the big screen are :zany:... or maybe that disturbing one that Japanese Beer company did.... (PM me if you want to know)...

I hope everyone suffers 3-D fatigue from that one and sees good ol' fashion Muppets.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
How will Puss in Boots take away from the Muppets? It comes out over two weeks before it.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think his fear is that Puss will over shadow Muppets in its time frame...its a legit ffear happens with summer block busters all the time

beaker

Reaction score
Dr Tooth: Wait, you didnt see Happy Feet? While this new one doesnt interest me, I actually was really impressed by the first one. Heck I thought Surfs Up was fun too

But by far the BEST looking cgi in a kids film, and one of the best all around cgi film period: Rango. I forget what studio house did it, but the cgi in that film is jaw droppingly good.

I cant fault Dr Tooth for seeing Green Lantern, as I got dragged to see Thor "3d", Pirates 4 "3d", and Xmen...none of which I really enjoyed(tho Xmen had its moments)
I was so so on Super 8 and Tree of Life, but LOVED Midnight in Paris by Woody Allen. I just dont see that many kids films that interest me as much these days.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
But by far the BEST looking cgi in a kids film, and one of the best all around cgi film period: Rango. I forget what studio house did it, but the cgi in that film is jaw droppingly good.
Rango was done by ILM, beautiful animation. Though the obnoxious restless little kids in the theater completely ruined the movie for me, especially the baby who was crying from the second the movie started until his parents took him out 80 minutes later - and he had the happiest look on his face when he realized he was leaving. I'll have to re-watch it when the Blu-ray comes out and see if I enjoy it more than the little kids who were dreading it.

I cant fault Dr Tooth for seeing Green Lantern, as I got dragged to see Thor "3d", Pirates 4 "3d", and Xmen...none of which I really enjoyed(tho Xmen had its moments)
I was so so on Super 8 and Tree of Life, but LOVED Midnight in Paris by Woody Allen. I just dont see that many kids films that interest me as much these days.
I got dragged to Green Lantern by a friend (I wanted to see X-Men but he refused to see it saying it getting positive reviews was bull...). The whole movie was literally just this over and over until the climax:
Hal: "You have to check this out. In brighest day, in blackest night..." (Hal Jordan turns into Green Lantern)
Other character: "OMG!"
Hal: "I KNOW, RIGHT!"

I really liked Thor and I'm seeing X-Men this week. I'm seeing Cars 2 on Tuesday, at this point I'm just hoping it's satisfactory enough. I can't believe I don't have any eexcitement for a Pixar movie.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Totally watched the trailer for like the 100th time and I can't believe I spotted something that I didn't see before: If you watch during the car scene, I think that Jason is performing Dr. Teeth because the way that Jason is moving and that way that Dr. Teeth moves. It also looks like that Jason keeps looking at the camera when he's not supposed to. Totally didn't notice it until now but I thought it was funny and something neat to point out!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree, Muppetfan! And I think that Amy is performing the chicken there too. They did mention in an interview that they've had to do characters in some group scenes, and it would make sense if they did here too. Amy seemed cute though, performing the chicken and pretending that she wasn't.