Hopes for The Muppet Show Season 4

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
When I was growing up, Rowlf rounded out the top five characters, though he was actually more prominently featured than Gonzo for a long while. I agree that he and Gonzo should grace the covers of the next 2 season sets, in whichever order, but definitely have Rowlf be one of them. After all, adults are the people buying these sets; yes, we're (obviously) going to share them with our children and other young viewers, but we should really have the sets looking the awesome way they deserve to.

As for content, my hopes are to have full, unedited episodes, and a couple of featurettes would be great as well, maybe "Muppets go to Walt Disneyworld"? :smile: They should reserve their tribute to Jim for the final season IMO.

beaker

Reaction score
For everyone whining for the last few years "wheres season 4? Wheres season 4?"(****, where's season FIVE?)...unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years, Season 4 and 5 are widely available(rhymes with irateray and morrentz)

Ooh I know, taboo...right, well what do they expect when they refuse to release the seasons?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Oh yeah, there's that route of course. But doesn't the collector in you BEG for the official release, with the official artwork, sitting next to the other official releases?? To me, it's a beautiful thing, and I know that my money is supporting future releases from my favorite collections. Erm... did that make sense? I've been up waaaaaaay too long today, and am overdue for some sleepytime. :big_grin:

Btw, I read in another thread that you're in Sac (I'd forgotten from before), and that Mr. Penguin is in Reno. Well, I'm in Susanville! :smile: No idea where that is? I'm about 85 miles north of Reno (but in Cali), I go through there and Sac all the time. We three should definitely have a small meet-up sometime!

Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I want the remaining seasons so bad and would definitely shell out the extra cash for a double dip if they just decided to release the whole box set with some nifty packaging.

Drtooth

Reaction score
For everyone whining for the last few years "wheres season 4? Wheres season 4?"(****, where's season FIVE?)...unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years, Season 4 and 5 are widely available(rhymes with irateray and morrentz)

Ooh I know, taboo...right, well what do they expect when they refuse to release the seasons?
Yeah, but those are probably mostly comprised of old taped off TV stuff. There could be some ripped from the Columbia DVD's, sure... nice and digitally remastered with the UK skits and everything...
For me, it's not so much about being able to watch the show, but to have it on DVD as a collection of something physical and official.

The only hope I have is that The Green Album was stuck in limbo for 2 years but is finally getting released.... maybe that's the same case.

beaker

Reaction score
Oh yeah, there's that route of course. But doesn't the collector in you BEG for the official release, with the official artwork, sitting next to the other official releases?? To me, it's a beautiful thing, and I know that my money is supporting future releases from my favorite collections. Erm... did that make sense? I've been up waaaaaaay too long today, and am overdue for some sleepytime. :big_grin:

Btw, I read in another thread that you're in Sac (I'd forgotten from before), and that Mr. Penguin is in Reno. Well, I'm in Susanville! :smile: No idea where that is? I'm about 85 miles north of Reno (but in Cali), I go through there and Sac all the time. We three should definitely have a small meet-up sometime!

Cheers,
Anthony
Oh I want them, definitely. I was happy when FR season 4 standalone came out. I didnt mean to seem rude to people, but "wheres season 4" is brought up on every muppet forum every day, and its like...well, you know how corporations work. I guess wish hard enough things come true, in the mean time you know where to get your fix. I had no problem downloading allT the rockos modern life on dvdr, yet was pleased as punch to buy the official complete season one 2-disc at walmart yesterday.

Oh wow...all three of us late Threadless art entrants in that area, nifty. I'm definitely down for a meetup. actually, I coulda sworn I noticed some other norcal/sac people on here. I know frogboy is in sf. I think it'd be cool to either have a muppet event in norcal(I remember Dave Goelz with Gonzo did a thing in San Francisco in 2007, and a few years before that Carrol Spinney with Oscar) OR take an epic road trip to a big official Muppet event in So cal.

Oh wait, isnt Susanville near Shasta way up north? Eeep, yeah thats pretty far!

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, but those are probably mostly comprised of old taped off TV stuff. There could be some ripped from the Columbia DVD's, sure... nice and digitally remastered with the UK skits and everything...
For me, it's not so much about being able to watch the show, but to have it on DVD as a collection of something physical and official.

The only hope I have is that The Green Album was stuck in limbo for 2 years but is finally getting released.... maybe that's the same case.
Well hey bro, I really wanted the FR animated shows(and you couldnt find those even just to download), and Lionsgates all "here's all the episodes plus extras for $15". Ive gotten all the Dilbert cartoons in one set, The Tick 2 volume, Pete and Pete, C.O.P.S., Alf Animated...so yes, eventually this stuff DOES come out(tho a lot of 80's cartoons probably will never see the light of day)

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I want the remaining seasons so bad and would definitely shell out the extra cash for a double dip if they just decided to release the whole box set with some nifty packaging.
Me too! That's what I did with the Fraggle Rock set, though I did sell my previously bought 3 seasons to help cover the cost (after I scanned the insert cards of course, heh).
Oh wow...all three of us late Threadless art entrants in that area, nifty. I'm definitely down for a meetup. actually, I coulda sworn I noticed some other norcal/sac people on here. I know frogboy is in sf. I think it'd be cool to either have a muppet event in norcal(I remember Dave Goelz with Gonzo did a thing in San Francisco in 2007, and a few years before that Carrol Spinney with Oscar) OR take an epic road trip to a big official Muppet event in So cal.

Oh wait, isnt Susanville near Shasta way up north? Eeep, yeah thats pretty far!
Yup, havin' one in Frisco is a no-brainer! That would be so cool, and we could check out Jamie's awesome store, FINALLY!! Lol, I love little comic and specialty toy shops, especially when made all the better by having the local Frog Boy work there. :wink:

Are you talking about Mount Shasta? If so, yeah, kinda, that's still another 3 hour drive north... and BEAUTIFUL!!! :big_grin:

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure I'll be whining about my missing Muppet Show seasons until the day they're released! Lol. Cheers!
Anthony

beaker

Reaction score
Me too! That's what I did with the Fraggle Rock set, though I did sell my previously bought 3 seasons to help cover the cost (after I scanned the insert cards of course, heh).
Yup, havin' one in Frisco is a no-brainer! That would be so cool, and we could check out Jamie's awesome store, FINALLY!! Lol, I love little comic and specialty toy shops, especially when made all the better by having the local Frog Boy work there. :wink:

Are you talking about Mount Shasta? If so, yeah, kinda, that's still another 3 hour drive north... and BEAUTIFUL!!! :big_grin:

Back on topic, I'm pretty sure I'll be whining about my missing Muppet Show seasons until the day they're released! Lol. Cheers!
Anthony
Well anytime ya guys wanna meet up in SF, Im down. I visited Jamies store in 2009, not sure if he still has it. But yeah we totally should all meet up. Im hoping another muppeteer does a q and a sometime there. I SO wanna go to D23 in anaheim if they have a whole muppet day
I have no idea where susanville is, guess I havent gotten to travel much

Yeah I LOVE vinyl figure/indie/designer/retro toy stores. My friend runs one here in sacramento