Funniest SS Skit In Ages: Spidermonster!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I love my hair is brilliant (and so is the story behind it) but Spidermonster is just gold. I haven't laughed as hard as I did at Spidermonster and the Old Spice Grover parody in ages.

beaker

Reaction score
The hair pride song is not just a great skit, but an important one...

The story of how the skit came to be is pure Sesame Street itself.
Thats right. About 95% of black females in this country are brainwashed by both white media and black entertainment/hair care product execs to think black kinky hair is ugly and makes them "less than" equal to the "beauty of a white person". It's why you only see white looking Hispanics on Latin American television. **** they got rid of Rosevelt Franklin because he was "too black". But the fact is there are white Muppets(Scooter, Statler, Waldorf) and Muppets who are suppose to be black..and that's good. Forced colorblind messages do exactly the opposite PC intention.

Millions of young and old black females ritually destroy their beautiful natural hair with hazardous dangerous chemicals to try and appeal to a white sense of beauty. Think ABC, CNN, Fox, etc would allow Michelle Obama on tv if she had a big ol' Afro? Of course not.

And then ALL females in America are under the brainwashed propaganda of body image conciousness. Marilyn Monroe and the Venus painting would be considered fat in today's post Edward Bernays Madison Ave-Mall culture mentality.

Look how unless your a sassy black woman, larger white and hispanic women are forbidden from being leads in tv shows or movies. As a larger guy, I notice the hypocrisy of countless big guys being leads guys(Jack Black, Zach Gallafanakas, Kevin James, Seth Rogen, etc) in all the movies getting "slender/thin" women. You never see the opposite.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thats right. About 95% of black females in this country are brainwashed by both white media and black entertainment/hair care product execs to think black kinky hair is ugly and makes them "less than" equal to the "beauty of a white person". It's why you only see white looking Hispanics on Latin American television. **** they got rid of Rosevelt Franklin because he was "too black". But the fact is there are white Muppets(Scooter, Statler, Waldorf) and Muppets who are suppose to be black..and that's good. Forced colorblind messages do exactly the opposite PC intention.
I find the fact they had to get rid of Roosevelt for that reason complete and utter bull. Even though, technically it was also because of the kids he hang out with and the rowdiness at school... but if that was the case, why didn't they just junk the classroom bits?

It really goes to show Sesame Street CAN still do relevant, important things and not have to just have to pimp out Elmo to compete in a market of poor quality, generic, all the same crummy loud obnoxious kiddy shows. I don't see Dora talking about self esteem, just telling kids they did a good job for sitting around and letting her answer her own stupid questions. Barney killed kid's television, Blue's Clues drove the nails in the coffin. I mean, all the good SS does all over the world, all the risks they take, and they're most afraid of parental groups in this country.

But I swear, with one single cute little song with a non-descript little Muppet girl, they made a deep impact. It was the first time Sesame was all over the news that was positive and not scaring people with Veggie Monster or liberal brainwashing by making fun of a television channel with a bad reputation.

Look how unless your a sassy black woman, larger white and hispanic women are forbidden from being leads in tv shows or movies. As a larger guy, I notice the hypocrisy of countless big guys being leads guys(Jack Black, Zach Gallafanakas, Kevin James, Seth Rogen, etc) in all the movies getting "slender/thin" women. You never see the opposite.
Didn't Seth Rogan lose like a crap load of weight to star in that dreadful Green Hornet movie? Seems like even some of the large men they have, they subtly lose weight over the years. Everytime we get a chubby looking celeb, especially if they're women, they almost force them to lose weight, even though half of them never get work either way.

beaker

Reaction score
Well look at Amy Adams, doesn't she look better not being so razor thin in the new Muppet film? Women used to look like women, not Don Hertzfeldt stick figures. There is a poisonous air that's been choking America with insidious body image memes aimed squarely at women(sure, guys are shown as "hot bod", big arm hunks in mall ads...but as a male I feel no pressure to look that way)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if I didn't like what I liked... I mean, visible bones and ribs on a woman? Seriously, I want to make a He-Man Skeletor joke, but I don't want to.

Beauty is indefinable. and incalculable. Sure, there are constants that fit together, but it's not for everyone.

I'm not a fan of blue eyes myself. Blonde can go either way with me... I dunno... half the women they say are "Beautiful" just look like everyone else to me... and there's a difference between beauty and sexy. Sexy just means you want to... well, you can finish that thought. Often times "Sexy" people are all about sex, they have no talent, nobody likes them for who they are. Look at Megan Fox. Yeah. Who wants to hire a talentless person like her who causes nothing but problems wherever she works? Her looks officially don't count anymore. She's DISGUSTING on the inside... and I don't mean the gross bloody organs and intestines.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Ironically I'm white and hate my own hair... getting it all lopped off next week in an attempt to make it look somewhat how I'd like it. People shouldn't feel as if they are forced to stick to a social code of what is and isn't "beauty", period. I think this thread has got just a tad off topic though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ironically I'm white and hate my own hair... getting it all lopped off next week in an attempt to make it look somewhat how I'd like it. People shouldn't feel as if they are forced to stick to a social code of what is and isn't "beauty", period. I think this thread has got just a tad off topic though.
Beauty has nothing to do with me. But I HATE the crap out of my hair. I have this annoying double cowlick and NO ONE who ever cuts my hair seems to know that and I either wind up getting it cut too short or too long so I have to go again sooner only for them to cut it too short or too long. I refuse to have long hair (it tangles) but I look terrible with short hair.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I really like how the camera pans from Mr. Johnson to the stage. I don't think you see that kind of camera work in SS too often. :smile:
Well, one this is that since Season 39, they stopped recording the show on video tape, and began "filming" the show in the so-called "HD" format (which is pretty much just a myth... all they do is crop the picture into 1:85, and say, "Oooh! It's HIGH DEFINITION!" The 40 Years of Sunny Days DVD actually shows you, notice how crystal-clear the quality is of the bits from the late 80s up until Season 39, then how the bits from Season 39 and 40 look like they were downloaded from YouTube in small file sizes), and often times, filmed shows allow for a more "cinematic" approach with the cinematography, so you get a lot more trucking shots, pans, extreme close-ups, etc, things that weren't very common for video taped shows, especially when they have live audiences, and three cameras cramped into a small soundstage.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I have an HD TV and I can assure you, the video is not something cropped into widescreen. Everything looks so pristine and lovely. And with widescreen, the Muppets have room to breathe.

The clips on the DVD look clear to me.