Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I wanna see Skeeter and Red trying to outdo each other in a gym. :stick_out_tongue:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Give me time and I'll write that into a fanfic. My timeline's moving in that direction.

Hmm... I don't know if I could get Red into a Silly Creature gym, but I bet Skeeter would go spelunking...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... I don't know if I could get Red into a Silly Creature gym, but I bet Skeeter would go spelunking...
Well, if I remember right... In RedPiggy's ficverse, Skeeter was last seen entering a cave opening to spend some time among Fraggles in Skeeter Rock.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Disney is screwing up by not having a teen/late teen Skeeter doing viral videos or in the film. Frankly, the whole "old school only" approach doesn't completely sit well with me. Keeping the characters looking like their 70's counterparts(including dress style) makes people think the Muppets are purely a retro thing. Especially not having Pepe as a main character.
I don't totally agree with that. First off at least their bringing back characters that haven't been seen much since the 80s, such as Wanye and Wanda, Uncle Deadly, Scooter, Electric Mayhem band and so much more. Second Pepe is going to be in the new movie along with other more "new school" characters like Clifford (I don't know how "major" of a role their going to have, but still, they're suppose to be in their). Third, what about the fact that in the new movie they're introducing the totally new character: Walter?

Plus I don't see how the characters look like their "70's counterparts" at all. Miss. Piggy for example isn't dressed like a "70s woman" and Fozzie has a totally new look that makes him look way furrier than he ever has, I mean he looks way more like a "teddy bear" now than ever.

As for the "not having Pepe as a main character" thing, well that's an example of not being able to please everyone. Let's not forget their were some fans who didn't like Pepe and thought of him as the "Elmo of the Muppet show Muppets," cause he became so popular.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think that bringing back Skeeter in a movie would be good/bad. Good in the sense that we actually get to see the Muppet Baby Skeeter all grown up and she would still be what they originally intended her to be in Muppet Babies, which is something to off-set Ms Piggy, also it would be great to see how Ms. Piggy and Scooter would react to her flirting with Kermit. Bad in the sense that they've never really introduced Scooter in the realm of the actual Muppets as having any siblings, so to introduce a twin sister, even though Muppet Babies had it, would still be kind of a continuity breaker don't ya think? I mean, I don't know if any of the newer fans would know much about Muppet Babies to know about Skeeter being Scooters sister. Although the concept is intriguing to have Skeeter as a Muppet doing a viral video.

Daniel

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I would love it if she made some kind of cameo in a project, even if it was just a picture of her on the wall! They wouldn't have to explain it or point it out, but "in the know" fans like me would be thrilled, I think :smile:

kingprawnokay

Reaction score
As a fan of Henson and post-Henson Muppets, I am on board with Skeeter eventually showing up as an official Muppet.

And I am against the push to downplay characters like Pepe.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The beauty of it is nowadays you don't HAVE to downplay anyone. With the web here in the 21st century, you can just do cool things with everybody. :smile:

Heck, for what it's worth, I'd just be happy for this new movie to have a scene where there's roll call and the announcer just mispronounces Scooter's name as Skeeter. :smile: