"The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

theprawncracker

Reaction score
We've all waited four years since we first heard that Jason was writing a script... and look at where we are now. This is beyond amazing to me. I honestly don't even know where to begin because there is SO MUCH going on in this trailer. I think I'll just leave with this...

"THIS IS THEIR MOVIE"

I needed to read that. Awesome. That's all there is to it. Awesome.

Get Ready for Muppet Domination

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've gotta be honest. I enjoy this trailer, but expected something with a little more polish. There also seems to be something lacking with the art direction. No flames please. I'm just giving my honest point of view thus far. I'm still just as excited to see this film. My many homages to the Muppets should reinforce just how much I adore the new and the classic stuff alike!

The weakest part of the trailer is opening with all of the voice-overs. There's Steve's Kermit which I'm okay with, but then there's Eric's Fozzie which doesn't sound quite right here. Then there's Walter's voice, Segel's voice, then Amy Adams' introduction. That's a lot of unfamiliar voices to front-load the trailer with. 5 different ones in all and nearly 30 seconds to get to get things started! I would not have gone that direction because of the fickle public's view on the recasts. Not everybody is as used to them as we are. You've got to ease some of these audience members back into that fact of life that the torch has been passed. People are still stuck on the Kermit recast from 21 years ago! I would have led with just Kermit's voice or redubbed the whole thing to make sure it was pitch-perfect to the ear. There's also Fozzie's fart joke. Has he really fallen on times hard enough for that G-Force sort of toilet humor? Come on!

The stuff I liked! Well, Miss Piggy is looking better in these clips. It does look epic! All the rebuilds for such small characters. The orchestra's purple tuxes are back. Nice detail! Seeing so much Rowlf and Scooter and together! Wow! Wow! Wow! I am happy. Walter also seems cute and muppety. Nothing except the car scene really stands out to me. I hope that changes. By the way, are they in a Studebaker?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's also Fozzie's fart joke. Has he really fallen on times hard enough for that G-Force sort of toilet humor? Come on!
Yes, Fozzie's dialogue in that scene seems totally unnecessary and not really in character at all. That scene seemed reminiscent to some of the bathroom humor in "Muppets From Space" that was so out of place. Hopefully Disney will consider cutting or looping Fozzie's dialogue before the final edit.

There are many great elements to the trailer though: character sightings, TMS theme and Mahna Mahna , TMS arches, etc. that this dialogue in particular stood out as being out-of-character for any of the Muppets to say.

The extended scene of Walter in the electric fence was a little extreme. Gonzo would've loved it though! Especially with one of his, "Let's do that again!" lines at that end. Once we know more about Walter's personality this scene may fit better.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
So many things that I saw that are AWESOME and I totally cannot contain myself to write them all down right now but I totally will in a little bit after I calm down... SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my ony comment right now-
1:13- Only thing in this trailer that I don't love.
How can you not love that!!!? Definitely one of my favorite clips of the trailer- possibility of new frog and pig romance!!!!! OMG, I've waited for so long and the romantic in me is so frickin excited, along with the rest of me!!!!

This movie is going to be amazing!!!!!!! I cannot wait, I cannot wait, AHHHHH!

:smile:

Jason Segal, If you or someone you hired are reading these forums (and I hope you are)- THANK YOU!!!! This movie looks like a muppet fan's dream and you definitely are a big part of that so THANK YOU!!! So exicted for this movie!! (didn't I already say that like 5 times, lol!)

I'm in love with this trailer, going to go rock out to "we built this city" for a while!

TSSD

Reaction score
Oh, my ony comment right now-

How can you not love that!!!? Definitely one of my favorite clips of the trailer- possibility of new frog and pig romance!!!!! OMG, I've waited for so long and the romantic in me is so frickin excited, along with the rest of me!!!!
I meant the Jason Segal on a horse thing. It's just kind of weird, and makes me worried that a there will be a whole big subplot with Amy Adams/Jason Segal. That's the only thing about this movie that I'm worried about. The whole Kermit/Piggy thing is PERFECT!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I meant the Jason Segal on a horse thing. It's just kind of weird, and makes me worried that a there will be a whole big subplot with Amy Adams/Jason Segal. That's the only thing about this movie that I'm worried about. The whole Kermit/Piggy thing is PERFECT!
oh ok, then I totally approve, lol!!!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
lets not get to worked up about Segal and Adams, i like both of them but from what ive read, learned, and followed of this film the main focus is the muppets..now can Segal and Adams have a moment or 2? i dont see why not, having them billed as two of the main actors is prob going to get alot of audience members who would other wise not want to see the movie do to because they are a fan of Segals work

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
lets not get to worked up about Segal and Adams, i like both of them but from what ive read learned and followed of this film the main focus is the muppets..now can Segal and Adams have a moment or 2, i dont see why not, have them billed is prob going to get alot of audience members who would other wise not want to see the movie because they are a fan of Segals work
I agree. I'm wondering how Walter-heavy the film will be. I don't want him to get Clifforded. Poor little electrified fella.

beaker

Reaction score
Holy cringe-o-rama...

Ooh boy...how do I put this delicately? I can't...that was a terrible, awful trailer. I mean it gave me goosebumps to see Kermit addressing that insane cadre of amazing TMS era characters brought back, and the "this is their movie" with the homage to the TMS opening multi-tier number.

But ugh...from the second the trailer begins, it's just terrible. This isn't "old school", the trailer makes the movie seem rushed, amateurish...NOTHING is explained here. There's nothing sweet, heartfelt or captivating here; almost like this film is simply for the 700 or so hardcore online fans.

I really hope this isn't an indication of the film...Im not just talking about the fart shoes, horrible scene of Walter being electrocuted, or pointless chop socky scenes. But just the whole vibe stinks in at least the first half of the trailer. Most bad movies have at least somewhat enticing trailers...lets hope this is a case of a good film with a bad trailer(as the teasers have been amazing thus far)

But yeah, bottom line I cant see how this is going to wow any non fans or John Q Public...im a lifelong hardcore as can be fan, and Im just like "ugh" through a lot of it.

The mahna mahna scene was classic tho. It needs more moments like that...if nothing else it'll be amazing seeing them on the big screen again...but trying to convince newbies to see this? And that HORRIBLE voiceover opening, and the "It has Action/Adventure/Driving"...yeah....no. (As soon as "we built this city" came on, I wanted to stop watching)