Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

Quesal

Reaction score
Oh if they made an adult Skeeter for SOME kind of Muppet project even if it was just on one of Disney's little Muppet YouTube videos, that would get more hits than that "Friday, Friday" video!

beaker

Reaction score
Disney is screwing up by not having a teen/late teen Skeeter doing viral videos or in the film. Frankly, the whole "old school only" approach doesn't completely sit well with me. Keeping the characters looking like their 70's counterparts(including dress style) makes people think the Muppets are purely a retro thing. Especially not having Pepe as a main character.

The Boom comics were smart in having Skeeter properly debut. Think of the Hot Topic merchandise, think of the tween/teen/emo goth indie hipster marketing Disney could be doing with a teenage/college aged Skeeter. Sure, some "purist" Muppet fans(the ones who hate Pepe and think the Muppets should stick to TMS era) would balk at it, but Disney is crazy not to pursue the angle.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, aside from a couple of the fairy tale ones, I concede I only have the Muppet comics that feature Skeeter's arc. :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh if they made an adult Skeeter for SOME kind of Muppet project even if it was just on one of Disney's little Muppet YouTube videos, that would get more hits than that "Friday, Friday" video!
Imagine if it was Skeeter...singing the Friday Friday song. Internet Viral Sensation. (And apocalyptic event)

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Disney is screwing up by not having a teen/late teen Skeeter doing viral videos or in the film. Frankly, the whole "old school only" approach doesn't completely sit well with me. Keeping the characters looking like their 70's counterparts(including dress style) makes people think the Muppets are purely a retro thing. Especially not having Pepe as a main character.

The Boom comics were smart in having Skeeter properly debut. Think of the Hot Topic merchandise, think of the tween/teen/emo goth indie hipster marketing Disney could be doing with a teenage/college aged Skeeter. Sure, some "purist" Muppet fans(the ones who hate Pepe and think the Muppets should stick to TMS era) would balk at it, but Disney is crazy not to pursue the angle.
Eh...Pepe in the new movie could screw things up with his outgoing personality.

Yet, Skeeter maybe making a cameo in the new film, would be a gold mine of a treat for us all.:smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Even if you didn't want to show her, since the plot revolves around the Muppets having broken up and all doing their own thing ... you could just show Scooter at his house (singing that City song or whatever, LOL) ... and a female voice off-camera asks Scooter where her dumbbells are or something. This way, you can imply Skeeter without going there, if you are truly bent on not showing her.

Slackbot

Reaction score
No, no, no. Skeeter will be in one of those top-row arches that is currently blanked out. I know she will. I saw it in my tea leaves. Well, OK, I don't drink tea. I saw it in the half-melted cubes at the bottom of my soda cup.

Seriously, wouldn't it be cool if that happened? But those blank spots are probably reserved for characters who will be joining the Muppet troupe, either Walter or some bad-guys-turned-good.