"The Muppets: Green with Envy" Teaser Trailer On-line

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well 527,866 is the number of hits the video has had so far and it has only been posted for about 24 hours not bad!
Wow! In just a few short hours we went from 527,866 views on Youtube to 669,971 and the number is still growing! this movie is going to be huge!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wow! In just a few short hours we went from 527,866 views on Youtube to 669,971 and the number is still growing! this movie is going to be huge!
Um, I'm sorry about this, but half of those are mine. :embarrassed: hehe

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Who in the world cares what they think? AICN is one of those sites that attracts trolls like nobody's business.
I completely agree, Gorgon. And it sickens me to no end. :grouchy:

To make matters worse, even popular networking sites like YouTube and Facebook are crawling with trolls as well.

For example: far too many people who never think before they talk constantly slam Disney for buying the Muppets and accussing them of ruining them, which is entirely untrue. They can never seem to get it through their thick skulls that The Jim Henson Company did a very lousy job handling them before the buyout, completely oblivious to Henson's failures (ie: shows like "Tinseltown" getting pulled from the air too soon, the Fraggle Rock movie and Dark Crystal sequel being stuck in development h*ll, too many promises unfilfilled, etc.).

It also drives me crazy when haters go about saying that the Muppets can no longer be good because of such factors as the deaths of Jim Henson, Richard Hunt and Jerry Juhl and the lack of involvement from Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson, without realizing that even though the Muppet characters will live forever, their creators/performers will not. Also, people will want to move on to pursue other endeavors (Frank moving on to become a director) and people may even have to retire at some point for one reason or another (Jerry Nelson having to retire from puppetering for health reasons, etc.).

The franchise would be doomed to crash and burn for sure if they relied on the originators completely or depended on them too much!

They also need to quit complaining about character voices being different or "wrong-sounding" (ie: saying that Steve Whitmire's Kermit doesn't sound anything like Jim and not knowing who Steve is, etc.). If they knew the names of the people performing them today and their backstories, they'd probably be eating their words right about now. Again, the performers are not going to be around forever, so recasts are, shall we say, a necessary evil as a means of keeping the characters alive. People will have to hand over the keys and move on at some point.

There. I feel better now. :smile:

Getting back on topic, I agree that the trailer is awesome and very clever. Even I felt slightly fooled at first, but even then, I knew that it was a Muppet trailer because of Jason Segel and Amy Adams being the two human leads in the picture.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score

To make matters worse, even popular networking sites like YouTube and Facebook are crawling with trolls as well.

For example: far too many people who never think before they talk constantly slam Disney for buying the Muppets and accussing them of ruining them, which is entirely untrue...
I agree. Most people out there know nothing about the Muppets, but speak about them with such authority. They think Brian Henson still has something to do with them. Heck, many people think he performs Kermit. Nobody realizes that Jim has been gone for 21 years! I'm not a fan of *everything* the Muppets do, but they've produced some darn good stuff over the past two decades. Also, the false idea that Muppets don't have feet just solidifies the ignorance of AICN and IMDB forum members.

Some people will never like anything, but I believe this movie hast he potential to surprise a lot of the naysayers.

terrimonster

Reaction score

They also need to quit complaining about character voices being different or "wrong-sounding" (ie: saying that Steve Whitmire's Kermit doesn't sound anything like Jim and not knowing who Steve is, etc.).
Not only that, they're just quoting Family Guy, without even knowing what they're talking about. It was only marginally funny in Family Guy, and even then it was because of the obvious exaggeration. When you're the 579,000th person to say it, it doesn't count as an original thought. I think people like to say it because it makes them feel knowledgeable, but as a rule of thumb, quoting Family Guy doesn't make one sound knowledgeable.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Not only that, they're just quoting Family Guy, without even knowing what they're talking about. It was only marginally funny in Family Guy, and even then it was because of the obvious exaggeration. When you're the 579,000th person to say it, it doesn't count as an original thought. I think people like to say it because it makes them feel knowledgeable, but as a rule of thumb, quoting Family Guy doesn't make one sound knowledgeable.
What was the quote from Famly guy?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Another thing about the uninformed "fans" that irritates me is that sometimes think that things like "Muppets from Space" and "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" were made by Disney, which is entirely untrue!

It's also annoying when they think that Disney made "The Muppets Wizard of Oz", being completely oblivious to the fact that Oz was already in production well before the Disney acquisition.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Another thing about the uninformed "fans" that irritates me is that sometimes think that things like "Muppets from Space" and "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" were made by Disney, which is entirely untrue!

It's also annoying when they think that Disney made "The Muppets Wizard of Oz", being completely oblivious to the fact that Oz was already in production well before the Disney acquisition.
Well thats why there are great sites like this the Muppet Mindset and Toughpigs, to help educate people about who did what.
As far as Disney and Henson are concered people think that the whole thing was handled wrong ever since Jim passed. and that the Muppets should have never been bought by Disney. they forget the fact that before his death that was want Jim wanted!
In the Book "Street Gang" it really talks about what Jim wanted out of Disney, the problem was Disney wanted to get a hold of the Sesame Street Muppets as well. Jim and the floks at Sesame at the time knew that if that was to happen Sesame would fail.
The way things are now I think works, Sesame is owned by itself it can contorl what the there Muppets do and don't do. The Classic Muppets have a nice home at Disney now form the looks of it they are getting the treatment that Jim wanted back in 1990 it has just taken them time to figure out how to make it all come about. The one that is in the hurt is The Jim Henson Company, and mostly the Fraggles they just can't seem to find the right market for them to even think about makeing a movie. So it is what it is I think if you really look at it that way I think Jim would be happy with where everyone is at.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Stewie reminds Brian about the importance of going to the doctor by saying, “Jim Henson had a 'wait-and-see' attitude, and look what happened to him. Now we’ve got wrong-sounding Muppets!” That's probably the Family Guy quote people are talking about.