Less sticky threads?

Jamie B

Reaction score
Hey Phil and co... I know I'm not a regular poster anymore, but I just wanted to say that I'm finiding it really hard to see my way around some of the sub forums when I do drop in due to the sticky threads. There are 11 in the 'Muppet Headlines' section, 8 of which haven't been posted in in a month and two of which haven't been touched this year. More active, timely conversations are going on below them, but it's tough to spot them to get involved. The 'Classic Muppets' forum has the same problem.

I *know* it's an attempt to stop double posts and but is there any chance of being a little cleaner ahead of the movie to encourage people to drop by a little more (say two or three stickys max) - it sorta stops the forums feeling alive with out of date conversations taking priority IMO... Hopefully if a subject is genuinely hot it'll stay at the top by itself! :wink:

Thanks a lot and hope you don't mind the comment! :excited:

Slackbot

Reaction score
There definitely are some superannuated stickies in the fanfic and fan art forum.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The stickied threads are a great idea but they're implented so incredibly poorly. What does and doesn't get stickied seems pretty random at times...threads that forum members practically have to beg, tap-dance, and fire-eat to get stickied never do, and threads stay stickied long after they should have been unstickied. It's a sticky situation.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil and co... I know I'm not a regular poster anymore, but I just wanted to say that I'm finiding it really hard to see my way around some of the sub forums when I do drop in due to the sticky threads. There are 11 in the 'Muppet Headlines' section, 8 of which haven't been posted in in a month and two of which haven't been touched this year. More active, timely conversations are going on below them, but it's tough to spot them to get involved. The 'Classic Muppets' forum has the same problem.
Thanks for bringing this up and giving us your feedback. I agree, in some of the forums there are too many sticky threads. I really like for there to be 3 or less sticky threads per forum. If there are too many sticky threads than it can be difficult to read through all the recent posts if you look at them on a per forum basis.

Have a look around now. Things should be much better. Let us know what you think.

Jamie B

Reaction score
Cheers, Phil - that's much better! (Merchanidise is the only one that could use a little more brutality in it's cleaning!) Hope it's maintained and it makes a positive effect for everyone! :super:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cheers, Phil - that's much better! (Merchanidise is the only one that could use a little more brutality in it's cleaning!) Hope it's maintained and it makes a positive effect for everyone! :super:
Oh, I overlooked that one. :embarrassed: It's updated now. Thanks.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thank you, it does look a lot cleaner. But, er, could the FanFic Library Index be re-stickied? That's an invaluable resource, and The Count does keep the first post updated.