"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow lets be careful we dont get banded from the froum now! Come on guys this is a time to be excited and not bashing the Muppets or Disney who owns the Muppets now. We should show them some support!

Drtooth

Reaction score
You enter a fan board and try to deflate the excitement that people have for a project based on absolutely no information and then wonder why you're disliked? Take your meds dude.

Anyone who's followed the project and articles pertaining to it has heard nothing but good things and that it's a complete departure from the failed gimmicky attempts of the past. Early drafts of the screenplay even popped up online. If you haven't kept up then do an internet search. There's much to be excited about. And naturally having a glass-half-full mentality than a glass-half-empty one is the Muppety/Henson frame of mind. Your pee is unwelcome in our cornflakes and your attitude sucks. Why the frog are you even here?
A-Men!

And If that poster takes offense, GOOD!

You cannot call yourself a fan of a franchise if you don't even give it a chance. And really, if you're not willing to spend 10 LOUSY bucks, it's not doing anyone else any favors. At least then you can complain that you blew 10 bucks. Heck, be cheap and see a matinee.

Too many people are staying home from movies, waiting until cheap rentals come along, and it HURTS the movie business. There's less willingness to invest in films that AREN'T exactly the same as everything else. And the movies that DO get made get budgets cut like crazy. All so it can be profitable when everyone downloads it for 2 bucks. Not even buying the DVDs. I'm not annoyed just as a Muppet fan, but as someone who LIKES to go to the movies and see stuff on the big screen free from commercials and edits. I saw Knocked up on television, and it was so butchered, I thought I was watching a 4 part 1980's sitcom. I regret not seeing it in theaters. I also regret not seeing How to Train your Dragon... I'd rather regret spending money seeing a piece of crap than missing out on something.

Negativity, while your opinion, is NOT needed, not necessary, and just peeing on our parade.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A-Men!

And If that poster takes offense, GOOD!

You cannot call yourself a fan of a franchise if you don't even give it a chance. And really, if you're not willing to spend 10 LOUSY bucks, it's not doing anyone else any favors. At least then you can complain that you blew 10 bucks. Heck, be cheap and see a matinee.

Too many people are staying home from movies, waiting until cheap rentals come along, and it HURTS the movie business. There's less willingness to invest in films that AREN'T exactly the same as everything else. And the movies that DO get made get budgets cut like crazy. All so it can be profitable when everyone downloads it for 2 bucks. Not even buying the DVDs. I'm not annoyed just as a Muppet fan, but as someone who LIKES to go to the movies and see stuff on the big screen free from commercials and edits. I saw Knocked up on television, and it was so butchered, I thought I was watching a 4 part 1980's sitcom. I regret not seeing it in theaters. I also regret not seeing How to Train your Dragon... I'd rather regret spending money seeing a piece of crap than missing out on something.

Negativity, while your opinion, is NOT needed, not necessary, and just peeing on our parade.
"The Muppet Movie" is responsible for my love of film. Sure, "Muppets From Space" fizzled at the box office and I knew half-way through the movie that it was going to bring about problems for the future of the Muppets. Maybe it's good that it did. They needed to refocus. It was the first and only project that I really felt the absence of Jim. It almost seemed that the Muppets were waiting for him to come in and take charge of the picture, but I digress.

The Muppets have brought me so much joy and laughter that I'm always going to give them the benefit of a doubt and plop down my $8 bucks for any theatrical attempt. The movies, just like the Muppets, have gotten kind of lost in the last decade. All media is being truncated to fit on the tiny portable device screens of children with ADD. There's a generation of people that think everything should be quickly and easily digestible and then just as easily discarded. I like that this film is being advertised in controlled drips that leave us wanting more. The teaser poster is just a taste, the teaser preview is reportedly not even movie clips, but a self-contained advertisement. All of this indicates a quality campaign and not some cynical "Get Smurfed" cash grab.

For someone to just pop in and say, "Hey, the poster looks kind of boring and the last Muppet film sucked so this one probably will to..." is over-reaching. It is an uninformed opinion and a poorly communicated one too. It obviously came from a person who wanted to stir-the-pot for some reason or another and added nothing to the conversation.

I do fear getting my hopes up too much for this film, but I don't care. I miss the Muppets and I choose to be happy about this. :smile:

And yes - the "wait 'til it's on free tv" cheapskates are the very reason that so much entertainment bites these days.

Luke

Reaction score
Indeed all the buzz, actually surprisingly not from just muppet fans but from the mainstream media and casual viewing public has been that this is one of the big films people are looking forward to this year and one of the ones to watch out for. A lot of that with the media interest is obviously from Segal's name being attached but watching things like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyJuK_DINvg it's pretty obvious they have come up with something like a "spectacular" similar to the original Muppet Movie and hopefully this is what people want from the Muppets (seeing as retro is "cool") and they have pulled it out the bag this time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
"The Muppet Movie" is responsible for my love of film. Sure, "Muppets From Space" fizzled at the box office and I knew half-way through the movie that it was going to bring about problems for the future of the Muppets. Maybe it's good that it did. They needed to refocus. It was the first and only project that I really felt the absence of Jim. It almost seemed that the Muppets were waiting for him to come in and take charge of the picture, but I digress.
MFS was plagued with so much problems (the most of which the careless director, but I don't want to go into that... he sucks and everything he does is meh at best). Maybe it was best that the film didn't do well... even if it was better than it was, it would have been lost in the shuffle of Star Wars 1 and Austin Powers 2. The problem with the Muppets until recently wasn't that their projects "sucked," but rather were unfocused. MCC, MTI and MT all were first batches, and they clearly were having trouble with trying to re-establish Kermit... out of it we got big name Muppets in tertiary roles and a not-Kermit hosted Muppet show. Now, MFS to an extent did what the other movies should have done with Muppet presence... too bad the story got in the way. VMX, as dated as the humor comes across, proved the Muppets could come back in a film and play themselves. Too bad Oz came around and ruined it by taking a GIANT step back to 1993. LTS was what I wanted to see with the Muppets the whole time, but it was an hour too short for my taste.

The teaser poster is just a taste, the teaser preview is reportedly not even movie clips, but a self-contained advertisement. All of this indicates a quality campaign and not some cynical "Get Smurfed" cash grab.
The worst thing about relaunches is the cheap, sloppy, slapdash, disposable ones ALWAYS overshadow the earnest ones. I admit to liking The Chipmunks 1 (the MFS director's masterpiece... how sad is that?), but not everything has to take a cue from it. It was a surprise hit, and that's that. Since then we got Yogi bear (which would have at LEAST been a 100 times better if it wasn't a love story about a poorly cast Ranger Smith) and Marmaduke (who would have thought a comic strip that wasn't clever or funny when it was relevant in the Nixon era would have been a flop?).. now the Smurf movie seems to have been forced to take a cue from that because that "sells," and all it does is annoy the fan base who would like to take their kids to see all the while not capturing the attention of kids who don't know or care who the characters are.

In a nut shell, Smurfs was made because Sony bought the rights, had second and third thoughts, and wanted to get the thing done as close to the time they lost the license as possible. The Muppet movie was written by fans in the course of a couple years and proposed to Disney when the fans found out they were sitting on the license. What movie would you trust?

And yes - the "wait 'til it's on free tv" cheapskates are the very reason that so much entertainment bites these days.
Commercials and edits ruin a movie experience a LOT more than any bratty kid asking their mother who that "man" is every five seconds. I curse myself for not seeing Knocked Up in theaters, and I cursed myself even more seeing a lobotomized, pointless version on ABC!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea I really am waiting to see this in the theater I have been a Muppet fan my whole life almost, and this will be the first one I will see on the Big Screen.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to this too. But you know if someone else doesn't wanna go it I'd understand.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Oh, I just love responses like that. "No offense..." and then the insults come flying.

Anyway, no, it's not "cheap and lazy." It's smart. Spending money on something that I don't think I'll enjoy would pretty stupid, wouldn't you say? And since I have my doubts about this, it would be pretty stupid to spend my money on it. IF, on the other hand, I start hearing great things about it, then I'll reconsider.
I mean, honestly, there must be movies out there that you think, "Meh, I don't think that'll be good," so do you go and see them just to avoid being called "cheap and lazy"? Surely not.

That makes no sense. So what you're saying is people should spend money on things they don't think they'll like, and that will somehow prevent crappy movies from getting made? Odd. I'd think it would work the other way around.

Or I could skip the movie, watch it on tv in a year or two, and still drink my coffee. Actually, I don't drink coffee, but I'm sure I could think of something to spend my $10 on.

Look, I hope I'm wrong. I hope this turns out great. And like I said, if I hear great things about it, I'll be more than happy to go see it. I just can't get TOO excited about it yet, based on the Muppets recent history.

I'm sorry but I don't think you're in the right forum. This forum is for optimistic uber-excited Muppets fans who believe that this movie is going to be amazing and will continue the legacy of Jim Henson. You honestly don't sound like a true muppet fan to me. So, please, take your pessimistic attitude elsewhere while the rest of us discuss what will be the greatest movie of the decade. Now, excuse me, but I have to go pay ten bucks to go see a movie that I don't really care about on opening day just so I could see a 4 minute trailer (that will no doubt be on the internet in a few days) of a movie that doesn't come out until November. That's how much of a fan I am.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now, excuse me, but I have to go pay ten bucks to go see a movie that I don't really care about on opening day just so I could see a 4 minute trailer (that will no doubt be on the internet in a few days) of a movie that doesn't come out until November. That's how much of a fan I am.

I was GOING to do the same too, but I got no money until next week, and I'M REALLY amped up for Kung Fu Panda... I just hope the trailer's with that one too (Frogpippeteer? You didn't sneak a gander at that one too, didja?) But no doubt I'll try to catch POTC if I can for it. Heck, I paid 6 bucks to see Night at the Museum 2 for the Vader/Oscar the Grouch scene alone.

That scene was WORTH 6 bucks! It was worth a million bucks to me.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i didnt but i can ask my bud if the trailer will be attached to it...i assume it could be considering a kids film

actually dr tooth i almost got free tickets to Kung Fu panda...who knows if i do since we are both in the Boston area ill drop you an email