"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I want to say this to anyone who has doubt about this movie, and having already seen the trialer and probably being the biggest Muppet nerd in my Town

once you see the trailer your doubt will fly right out the window..in the small 20 seconds they show after the initial fake trailer starting only Segal and Adams all scenes are full of Muppets theres even a line Segal says asking "Are we in a Muppet Movie"? in the Midst of Kermit,Piggy Fozzie and a bunch of Muppets.

now that said people need to take a chill pill and give this movie a chance...I trust Segal he seems to be one of us and went out of his way to make a muppet movie old and even new fans and even those people who pushed off the muppets as a kids show can enjoy. back my beginning years of MC i remember i ranted because i was upset that no one liked the muppet stuff we were given.

dont pass this movie off as another TV special because its clearly not that, and its even extremely different from muppets from space..i know thats saying alot from a small trailer but its very easy to see. to wait a year till it comes out on tv is quite sad....i can assure you ill be there opening night ( even ig i get a sneak peak thanks to the same friend) with all the kids wearing kermit tshirts and prob with my Kermit puppet

now i just wish someone else saw it so i can talk to them about it

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
No offense, but that's an incredible cop out.

Waiting for TV is just cheap and lazy
Oh, I just love responses like that. "No offense..." and then the insults come flying.

Anyway, no, it's not "cheap and lazy." It's smart. Spending money on something that I don't think I'll enjoy would pretty stupid, wouldn't you say? And since I have my doubts about this, it would be pretty stupid to spend my money on it. IF, on the other hand, I start hearing great things about it, then I'll reconsider.
I mean, honestly, there must be movies out there that you think, "Meh, I don't think that'll be good," so do you go and see them just to avoid being called "cheap and lazy"? Surely not.

and the reason why crappy movies keep getting made.
That makes no sense. So what you're saying is people should spend money on things they don't think they'll like, and that will somehow prevent crappy movies from getting made? Odd. I'd think it would work the other way around.

It's 10 lousy bucks, you can skip the coffee for 2 days and you'll have the price of a ticket.
Or I could skip the movie, watch it on tv in a year or two, and still drink my coffee. Actually, I don't drink coffee, but I'm sure I could think of something to spend my $10 on.

Look, I hope I'm wrong. I hope this turns out great. And like I said, if I hear great things about it, I'll be more than happy to go see it. I just can't get TOO excited about it yet, based on the Muppets recent history.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I just love responses like that. "No offense..." and then the insults come flying.

Anyway, no, it's not "cheap and lazy." It's smart. Spending money on something that I don't think I'll enjoy would pretty stupid, wouldn't you say? And since I have my doubts about this, it would be pretty stupid to spend my money on it. IF, on the other hand, I start hearing great things about it, then I'll reconsider.
I mean, honestly, there must be movies out there that you think, "Meh, I don't think that'll be good," so do you go and see them just to avoid being called "cheap and lazy"? Surely not.

That makes no sense. So what you're saying is people should spend money on things they don't think they'll like, and that will somehow prevent crappy movies from getting made? Odd. I'd think it would work the other way around.

Or I could skip the movie, watch it on tv in a year or two, and still drink my coffee. Actually, I don't drink coffee, but I'm sure I could think of something to spend my $10 on.

Look, I hope I'm wrong. I hope this turns out great. And like I said, if I hear great things about it, I'll be more than happy to go see it. I just can't get TOO excited about it yet, based on the Muppets recent history.
You know what. You're right. You are entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you that absolutely no one here cares to hear it. Muppets weren't made for a person with such a sucky attitude. Jumping the gun on pessimism is just so unmuppety. Pukey Oscar Icon for you ----> :grouchy:

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
What a pessimistic jerky statement a few posts back!
What was "jerky" about my comment? Jeez. All I did was post a simple comment saying that based on the past few muppet productions, I'm not too excited about this, and I'm curious to see how well this does at the box office. And now I'm getting insults hurled at me. What a friendly group.

Maybe one should wait until at least seeing a trailer before assuming anything.
You're assuming it will be good, so I take it you must have seen the full trailer, right?

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
You know what. You're right. You are entitled to your opinion, but I can assure you that absolutely no one here cares to hear it. Muppets weren't made for a person with such a sucky attitude. Jumping the gun on pessimism is just so unmuppety. Pukey Oscar Icon for you ----> :grouchy:
Oh this just gets better and better.
So you're saying the muppets were created for people who refuse to hear opposing viewpoints, and for people who toss insults at anyone who disagrees with them? That's nice.

Ok, before the mods start ripping their hair out, I'm going to take the high road here and just let this drop. Have fun insulting the next person who dares to express an opinion that differs from yours.
Bye.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
You're assuming it will be good, so I take it you must have seen the full trailer, right?
he might not have but i did and i agree you should wait to see the trailer...only then should maybe you can voice a small opinion on its look

even still a trailer does not= whole movie and thats one of the issues i have with todays audience...people see 20-30 secs and right off the bat say...that movie looks dumb...its gonna be stupid

your just being pessimistic to be pessimistic quoting Muppets pasts projects

rowlfy662

Reaction score
guys we should not be fighting over this it is not what jim henson would of wanted everyone is entiled to there own opinion someone might not like the film someone might not but this is the muppets are thingsa we love and there is no reason to start argueing about them:sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What was "jerky" about my comment? Jeez. All I did was post a simple comment saying that based on the past few muppet productions, I'm not too excited about this, and I'm curious to see how well this does at the box office. And now I'm getting insults hurled at me. What a friendly group.

You enter a fan board and try to deflate the excitement that people have for a project based on absolutely no information and then wonder why you're disliked? Take your meds dude.

Anyone who's followed the project and articles pertaining to it has heard nothing but good things and that it's a complete departure from the failed gimmicky attempts of the past. Early drafts of the screenplay even popped up online. If you haven't kept up then do an internet search. There's much to be excited about. And naturally having a glass-half-full mentality than a glass-half-empty one is the Muppety/Henson frame of mind. Your pee is unwelcome in our cornflakes and your attitude sucks. Why the frog are you even here?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Indeed this is not IMDB...
Thanks Bo. A fan site is a little different than a basic film forum in that we're all here because we want to be and we want the property to succeed.

"I don't care what anyone else thinks, I'm having a good time!" - Robin from "The Muppet Movie" :smile: