"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I sort of wish the poster included more characters, but it seems the point of this poster is to show a few characters in full-body shots; Too many characters could cause some legs to be blocked (unless they were lined-up). I'd have preferred to have seen the whole Electric Mayhem than just Animal on the poster (I felt the same way regarding Animal's big role in MFS). I think it would have been better if they put Scooter or Rowlf on the poster instead.

I'm sort of hoping there'll be a poster filled with Muppets, like that one 30-character puzzle released in 2003 (and I know there was a calanedar with a similar image but more characters).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I could honestly see that happening too, now. I don't know how plausible it is (like you said... possible but not probable), but I think if we were going to see a non-Disney-owned character it would be Elmo. We know Kevin was on set so it would make perfect sense. Oh, how I love these predictions! Gah! The trailer can NOT come soon enough!
I've just been thinking, if they could get permission to include a Fraggle cameo, it'd be funny if one of the Fraggles would lament over there still not being a Fraggle Rock movie.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I didn't want this thread to get sidetracked with soap talk either (there's other places/existing threads for that) - a couple people took my mention of my taking part in the Disney boycott (which i've mentioned before/elsewhere) and springboarded on it...but the MAIN point of my original question was glossed over: does anyone have any experience talking to a theatre owner/usher into letting them in to watch a trailer without staying/paying for the movie that follows it?

And if i was a Pepe fan (which i am) - i wouldn't worry. In early drafts of the script, his role was small but the moments he appears/has lines are all classic so he may not eat up screen time, but he'll be memorable (quality over quantity). And as others have said, the liklihood is high that his part got expanded more with subsequent drafts/filming.

Heck, (even though there'll probably be a rehaul before the movie) muppets.com still showcases Pepe as being among the Main Six - the characters that have their own "room" (section) so i just don't see him being too left out.

...i wouldn't place any bets on Topo Sticky though...

As per SST/Fraggle cameos, i don't see it this time around but after this movie has achieved its purpose of reestablishing the brand (as its distinctive family of characters), i see such cameos as a very real possibility in whatever movie/major project comes next.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't want this thread to get sidetracked with soap talk either (there's other places/existing threads for that) - a couple people took my mention of my taking part in the Disney boycott (which i've mentioned before/elsewhere) and springboarded on it...but the MAIN point of my original question was glossed over: does anyone have any experience talking to a theatre owner/usher into letting them in to watch a trailer without staying/paying for the movie that follows it?
Maybe you could pay and then after seeing the movie, leave and tell the manager you for some reason have to leave before it starts. I don't know if you'll get a refund, a coupon for a free ticket, or what (and right now I can't think of any excuses to leave early).

dwmckim

Reaction score
*cough*We're on number 4*cough*
I have a tendency to mix up PotC (Pirates of the Carribean) and PotDC (Power of the Dark Crystal) - one of those "You Know You're an Obsessed Muppet Freak When..." things.

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
Regarding the teaser poster-- Eh. It's ok. Nothing to get excited about.

Not sure if I'll bother seeing this movie in the theater, or if I'll just wait for it to come on tv. There hasn't really been any particularly good muppet stuff in quite a long time, so I'm not feeling overly optimistic about this. And considering how expensive movies are these days, I want to feel pretty confident that I'll enjoy something before I'll buy a ticket to see it.

I am curious to see how well this movie does in terms of sales. My gut feeling is that it will just do okay. I really think the muppets have been out of the limelight for too long to generate much excitement in today's world. But then again, a lot of people my age, who grew up with the muppets, now have kids of their own, so they might want to take their kids to see it. On the other hand, a lot of people that I know think the muppets basically died with Henson, and they haven't been much interested in the stuff that came after. And will little kids be interested in muppet stuff that doesn't include Elmo? It'll definitely be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not sure if I'll bother seeing this movie in the theater, or if I'll just wait for it to come on tv. There hasn't really been any particularly good muppet stuff in quite a long time, so I'm not feeling overly optimistic about this. And considering how expensive movies are these days, I want to feel pretty confident that I'll enjoy something before I'll buy a ticket to see it.
No offense, but that's an incredible cop out.

Waiting for TV is just cheap and lazy and the reason why crappy movies keep getting made. It's 10 lousy bucks, you can skip the coffee for 2 days and you'll have the price of a ticket. Sneak some dang candy in. We need EVERYONE we can get to see this so the BO does well. The better this project does, the more Muppet stuff we'll see, classic and current. if anyone wants the last 2 seasons of the Muppet show to come out, I'm sure that they'd potentially get connected to how well this one does.

The reason why we had lousy products is that we had people who didn't really seem to care behind them to some aspect. We got a fan, a CLASSIC fan, doing the film... a film he proposed TO Disney himself after the making of Forgetting Sarah Marshall. What's not exciting about that? How about the fact they're not ripping plots from old books this time? That last one should have everyone screaming to go to the theater.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
agreed this movie is a big comeback for the muppets their first cinema release since 1999 and i would not wait one year waiting for to surface to tv or months for dvd for example when star wars 3 came out i went cause i was a star wars fan at the time when disney cars came out i went and saw that and now that iam back into the muppets and hopefully going to stay a fan now forever even if i was snowed in i would not pass up the oppertunity to go and see this even it is in february 2012 for us

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Any fan knows that the Muppets have always been a collaborative effort. Jim was the head frog, but the Muppets did not die with him. They've just been lost for a little while.

What a pessimistic jerky statement a few posts back! I follow the movies, properties and box office trends too, but I'm also a fan who wants the Muppets do well and there's no indication that they won't. Maybe one should wait until at least seeing a trailer before assuming anything. What a fair-weathered fan.

Don't pee in my cornflakes! :mad: