New DARK CRYSTAL statues!

muppetperson

Reaction score
These sculptures look OK to me, but I guess with your sculpture experience, you can pick things up that others dont see.Thanks for the link.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
These are a little steep, but I dig the gelflings. It's somewhat smoothed-down and over-simplified style, but it works for them. I'd get them if I had the cash. :scary:

The fact that Neca has already produced a better Jereth in action figure form at a $14.99 price point makes this version of him at for $100 more seem inappropriate. Maybe this is just the prototype, but they've nailed the likeness in other sculptures. However, the tight pants gave me a giggle. :eek:

Laszlo

Reaction score
The fact that Neca has already produced a better Jereth in action figure form at a $14.99 price point makes this version of him at for $100 more seem inappropriate.
Exactly. NECA did 2 amazing Jareth figures. This one looks cheap in comparison.
I must say NECA did the best sculptures so far. Their Skeksis is also excellent.

JMPrater

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see Laszlo's Kira, wings and all. These statues/figures are pretty cool, and the closest looking to the actual puppets themselves. I think I'm gonna shell out for the Jen/Kira duet.

Laszlo

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see Laszlo's Kira, wings and all. These statues/figures are pretty cool, and the closest looking to the actual puppets themselves. I think I'm gonna shell out for the Jen/Kira duet.
Thanks! :smile: I hope I will finish her BEFORE DC2 hits the screens. :wink:

JMPrater

Reaction score
Power of the Dark Crystal will NEVER hit the screens. Just a hunch on my end.

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
yeah the 12 inch Jareth by NECA is definitely the best... far more detailed and accurate than that expensive statue!

Laszlo

Reaction score
yeah the 12 inch Jareth by NECA is definitely the best... far more detailed and accurate than that expensive statue!
I asked Knucklebonz about this. Here is their reply:

"Thanks for your interest. We are in the early stages and our master sculpture is still in design stages with the Henson people trying to get it just right. So look for some changes and updates coming soon. I believe these will not be complete until late this year. Keep checking back for updates.

Thanks
Knucklebonz,Inc"

So, there is still hope!