Spierigs OFF POTDC

JMPrater

Reaction score
Looks like it based on Varietys report of the Spierig Brothers new film Jungle.....The Henson people can't get this film made to save their lives.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Looks like it based on Varietys report of the Spierig Brothers new film Jungle.....The Henson people can't get this film made to save their lives.
Yes, I know, Froud also said they will get a new director.
BTW I think Zack Snyder would be an amazing (visual) director for DC2.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Zack Snyder is going to be busy with the new "Superman: Man of Steel" movie for a while... (which I can't say I'm terribly excited about- but I'm hoping it will be better than what it's been sounding like so far)

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
*SNARL! GRRR! Grumble, grumble!*

Okay, raging over.

Personally, I think Guillermo del Toro would be a good director for this project. Never happen in a million years, but it's fun to speculate. :search:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems up his alley. I remember some people wondering about him and Labyrinth, but DC could be a better match. :smile:

Laszlo

Reaction score
Personally, I think Guillermo del Toro would be a good director for this project. Never happen in a million years, but it's fun to speculate. :search:
I know why you prefer Del Toro. He used great animatronic creatures in his movies. Other than that Im not a huge fan of his movies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I know why you prefer Del Toro. He used great animatronic creatures in his movies. Other than that Im not a huge fan of his movies.
There's nothing I don't like about Del Toro, but he's not quite the right fit for the Dark Crystal. His distinct stamp would likely eclipse the beauty already present.

I love the Henson Company and the work they do, but I'll no longer hold merit to their press releases until the art hits the screen. That way it will be a pleasant surprise rather than a disappointment. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I love the Henson Company and the work they do, but I'll no longer hold merit to their press releases until the art hits the screen. That way it will be a pleasant surprise rather than a disappointment. :stick_out_tongue:
They can't seem to get a single project up and running, can they? I mean their biggest hit is a Singapore based animated CGI series with Canadian voice actors and the only Henson thing about it is the creator works for them now. Sid seems like it did pretty good (at least it's digital puppetry and it employed Henson's usual puppeteers), but in no way the success Dino Train has.

Seriously... even if we never get the Fraggle Rock movie, there's NO excuse to withhold the CGI Doozers cartoon series.

Henson bites off far more than they can chew. They have mile long lists of projects that are unfinished or unsold or half done. If they just focus all their energy on ONE thing at a time, maybe... just MAYBE one of these things will get made. Yeah, FR the movie is beyond their control, and they have a poisonous relationship with a studio struggling to stay in business, but Happytime Murders Film? What's the hold up there?

Daffney

Reaction score
Henson is making Power of the Dark Crystal an ambitious project, and too much of one.

Now, this is the second time we had a director fallout (Personally, I didn't think the Spierigs brothers could pull the sequel off anyways). Judging by this, and the ridiculously slow status, I don't expect POTDC coming out anytime soon.

but Happytime Murders Film? What's the hold up there?
I think Henson just flat out abandoned that project, seeing that its January production start date didn't happen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Happytime Murders is the EXACT movie they SHOULD be working on. Something low key, something that they can get as much indie support as possible... something that will no doubt have simplistic puppets that they could even recycle... something that won't be expensive and get lost in the shuffle of a major movie season. Just something to say "WE EXIST!" in big bold letters without saying, we have yet another big project we need to get 90 studios on board to co-produce. That's why the Fraggle Movie's dead in the water... even if Weinstoopit were to give them the okay, they still need several partners to get in on it.

Seriously... ONE thing at a time. Dinotrain is amazing, but it shouldn't be their staple franchise.