A Lidsville movie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And crap was uttered in at least ONE Hey Arnold.
And let us not forget, there was also a "lost" episode of Arnold, where Phoebe passes gas over the microphone, while on stage in the auditorium, in front of the entire school, and she becomes ridiculed for it, especially Harold who continually chanted "PHOEBE FARTED! PHOEBE FARTED! PHOEBE FARTED!" I seem to recall Mr. Simmons also hesitating to say the word when he tried to councel her.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fart's apparently okay now. And I've heard "sucks" or "sucked" on a few occasions (in the new Ninja Turtles series, Mikey said "It sucks being cold blooded").

Anyway, back to the subject at hand... I dunno if this was true or not, but I once read that they made an Electro Woman and DynaGirl TV pilot that never sold, and it was just another case of "let's make fun of how bad it is and how we loved it ironically".

Hey, you ever read that Animaniacs comic book with Electro Walter and Dynasquirrel?

Xerus

Reaction score
Fart's apparently okay now. And I've heard "sucks" or "sucked" on a few occasions (in the new Ninja Turtles series, Mikey said "It sucks being cold blooded").

Anyway, back to the subject at hand... I dunno if this was true or not, but I once read that they made an Electro Woman and DynaGirl TV pilot that never sold, and it was just another case of "let's make fun of how bad it is and how we loved it ironically".

Hey, you ever read that Animaniacs comic book with Electro Walter and Dynasquirrel?
I saw that comic book. They said that show was what almost completely cost Slappy her career. And she asked Walter how many cereal box tops did he have to send in to get this show.

And the same comic had the Warners doing a spoof of the Bugaloos.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hahaha- haven't seen that Animaniacs comic book, but that is awesome!:big_grin:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
By the way, I have heard of that 2001 pilot for a new Electra Woman and Dyna Girl series- and I'm pretty sure it does go the parody route for the most part. I've also heard it gets kinda risque. But if you're interested- it's on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iuvnexJrVI

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Getting back on the subject of senseless censorship (I know, I'm sorry I keep doing this, but thoughts keep coming to my mind on these subjects), here's one that really made me go "Huh?"

Glee. Doing some kind of sendup of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and doing a cover of "Sweet Transvestite" (which didn't sound very good)... now here's what confuses me... they kept the lyrics, "By night I'm one h e l l of a lover", BUT, they changed the chorus from, "Sweet TRANSvestite from TRANSexual TRANSylvania", to "Sweet TRANSvestite from sensational TRANSylvania"? Not only does that not make sense, but it really screws up the lyrics of the song, because that was kind of the point of the chorus... again "TRANSvestite from TRANSexual TRANSylvania".

Animal31

Reaction score
Oh yeah I remember reading the same thing in Jerry Maren's book. Maren is perhaps best known as the Lollipop Munchkin from The Wizard of Oz, but he also played several characters on Lidsville, inside the costumes.
Billy Barty was another great one who worked alot on many (if not all) of the Krofft productions (he also played Sigmund).

That's funny about Charles Nelson Reilly, didn't he also do the live shows when they toured with the Brady Kids?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Glee. Doing some kind of sendup of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and doing a cover of "Sweet Transvestite" (which didn't sound very good)... now here's what confuses me... they kept the lyrics, "By night I'm one h e l l of a lover", BUT, they changed the chorus from, "Sweet TRANSvestite from TRANSexual TRANSylvania", to "Sweet TRANSvestite from sensational TRANSylvania"? Not only does that not make sense, but it really screws up the lyrics of the song, because that was kind of the point of the chorus... again "TRANSvestite from TRANSexual TRANSylvania".
In the context of the show they HAD to clean up stuff so they could perform it in front of a class. Plus, if I can remember the plot, the kid who was going to play Frankenfurter was pulled by his parents from doing the play, and one of the girls took it over.

Which brings me to this... I've noticed a LOT of Alvin and the Chipmunks covers have "cleaned up" lyrics... a "School's Out For Summer" cover on a Video tape had "School's Ancient History" instead of "School's been blown to pieces". And another example, when they covered "Heartbreaker" they replaced Sinner with singer. YET when they did Time Warp, they kept the part about "Voyeuristic intentions." :smirk:

Soooo getting back to the movie... any details on which celebrities they're gonna get to voice the Hats? Why do I have a feeling this is going to turn into a knockoff of Cars on some level?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's funny about Charles Nelson Reilly, didn't he also do the live shows when they toured with the Brady Kids?
I don't know about that, but here's something else about him that I find interesting...

Again, CNR HATED doing Lidsville so much because of the makeup and whatnot, yet he later had his OWN Saturday morning cartoon, where he wore this big, plushy, fleecey crocodile costume, called Uncle Croc's Block (the live-action Filmation show that featured off-beat animated parodies like Groovy Ghoulies, M-U-S-H, etc).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Groovie Goolies was never a part of Uncle Croc's Bloc. The shows that were features on Croc were absorbed into the syndicated "Groovie Goolies and Friends" when Uncle Croc was abruptly canceled.

I'm wondering about his thoughts in that one. Uncle Croc was a parody of 1950's style local kiddy shows that host cartoons. And the audience was too young to know or care about that. Shame... I've seen some live action segments of that one... and it was something else. Even better than the cartoons that interrupted it.